Chapter - 14 Is he a...

"So whom does your boss like?"

"Now this was a question which had never entered Eva's mind. Whom does he like?" she frowned repeating the question to herself. 'Considering his incredible wealth and hot looks and that musculine persona Eva couldn't understand why this guy was never seen with any woman. Why wasn't he titled a world renowned playboy? Was it that he guarded his private affairs all too well that none of those cameras were able to breach that security of his or was there another reason that Liam Richardson had never been photographed with a beautiful woman on his arm?' After she had come to this 50th floor to work under direct scrutiny of Liam Richardson she had Googled about him and had seen what all images of him were available on internet. None of them had any signs of a woman around him. They were either of his solo or the only person that shared the same space in the photograph was... Alex!

'So maybe Alex is just not his secretary! They both worked together for a pretty long time and from what I have heard they reserve a floor to themselves - Always! Such a shame that a young billionaire like him with those harshly hewn good looks which were enough to make any woman from 8 to 80 go weak in knees was a....Damn! If any woman in this building realised that they will go hysterical. Such a pity.' Eva chuckled at her wayward thoughts.
'Even now it's been almost 30 minutes and they are still inside.' Her eyes fell upon the door which was still closed. 'Alex had even told me to not let anyone enter until he comes out. So...does that mean.... they are...? Stop it, Eva!' Her cheeks turned pink. She couldn't help but chuckle at her thoughts which were going way out of control. She realised the old lady was still looking at her. She quickly tried to gain her composure so as not to give away what was going on in her mind.

"The only person I have seen around Mr Liam is Alex. They are like inseparable and only Alex knows how to handle him." Eva said trying to keep her voice neutral so that the old lady won't get  suspicious of what she thought of them.

Eva turned to look at the old woman who had now gone pale. Very pale.
' I hope she didn't hear my thoughts.'

"So you think he is...I mean can he be a..a.." the old woman was really having a difficult time to even say it.

"A gay?" Eva completed her sentence. The old woman looked at Eva and quickly placed the cup of coffee back on the table as her hands were now shaking. The old woman looked like the world had come to an end.

'Why is she looking so horrified. It isn't like he's her son or grandson or even a relative.' Eva wondered.

" I am not sure but I never really saw him even looking at a woman. But it's ok Ma'am. The time has changed." Eva was now having a hard time to actually explain it to the old lady that the human race will not go extinct so there is nothing to worry about. Now she was regretting agreeing for the coffee.

"B-But what about the family lineage and-" the old lady was looking actually worried.

"Ma'am aren't you getting too worked up  about this? I mean we shouldn't really interfere with someone else's business. Or his private life. It's his life and his choice."she tried to explain.

'Look who's talking. After gossiping about your boss you are trying to present high morals. You sure have some guts.' her inner voice taunted her.

'Shut up !' Eva admonished that little voice in her head.

She once again shifted her attention to the old lady who was still pale and stiff. "Ma'am let's just forget it and -"

Just then they both heard CEO's office door open. They both got up on their feet.

"Eva, I-" Alex had just turned to Eva when he suddenly frowned and said, "Mrs Richardson! what are you doing here?"

Eva looked to her left and then right but other than herself, Alex and the old lady  no one was around. Her eyes turned wide at realization.

'Oh god! It seems I just made a huge mistake just now.' Her heart was racing wildly now. 'That's why one should never gossip. God! I used to be such a good girl where did I attained this bad habit of talking behind people's back.?'

Without saying a word to Alex or Eva the old lady headed towards CEO's office and without knocking the door she just entered.

"What were you talking about with his grandmother?" asked Alex.

"W-whose grandmother?" Eva asked still hoping for her fears to be proved wrong.

"Liam's grandmother, of course." answered Alex easily.

Eva gasped. 'So I gossiped with his grandmother! I'm dead.' She could visualise people visiting her funeral and offering their condolences to her parents on the death of their one and only lovely and beautiful daughter.

"What happened?" Alex asked looking concerned.

'Nothing. I - I just forgot something really important." with that she excused herself and went to her small cabin.

'I hope she won't tell him or ask him anything about that. But 10 minutes have passed and the door is still closed. What are they talking about? Is it the silence before the storm?' Eva was feeling on edge. How much she wanted to run away. Run far far away from this building and it's owner but her knees weren't agreeing. At the moment she just wanted to dig a hole...a really deep one and hide in that till it's all over.

Just then the phone on her desk started ringing violently. She gulped her tension and finally picked up the receiver speaking ever so carefully. "Y- yes?"

"Ms Evangeline rose, in my office. Right now." With that he hung up.

Just his voice was enough to send the cold chills down her spine. From his voice she could say clearly that he was trying his best to suppress his anger which was about to burst on her like a volcanic eruption.

Moral of today's part of the story is "You should avoid gossip at all costs."

If you are enjoying this story then do consider pressing that lovely "FOLLOW" button so you never miss any announcement regarding the new story release and update 😊❣️

What do you think will happen next??🤭😁