Chapter - 44 Trapped with him...

"Show me around." said Liam still holding Eva's elbow.

Eva looked at him in horror and then at her new colleagues whose eyes had become focused on her. What would they think about this, she worried.

Liam turned his head a little and said in an authoritative tone.
"Alex, go and see what deal Mr Hudson has to offer. If it doesn't suit you then we'll find some other publishing firm."

"Alright." said Alex.

"I am sure you will like this place, Mr Richardson." Mr Hudson interrupted quickly. "Mr Alex, please come to my office and we can talk there."
With that they both left.

Liam now looked at the spectators who were still watching them and raising his brow he said," I hope you guys have some work to do."

"Ah, yes. Yes, sir." Sara apologized and everyone went back to their respective tables and cabins and buried their heads in files.

'Good to see that it isn't just me who feels intimidated by him.'

"Let's go now." said Liam as he starting started pulling her along with him.

"But we are going in the wrong direction. It's just the lift there." Eva protested but the man made no visible effort of stopping or changing his direction.

"So what? I want to start inspecting the lift first." said Liam ignoring all her protests.

Was he always this crazy, Eva wondered.

They entered the lift and Eva pulled her hand away from his hold. The lift doors closed and he was now standing in the centre with his hands into the pockets of his trousers looking so at peace just like a predator who roamed fearlessly in his jungle while Eva shifted to a corner feeling like a small prey who'd do anything in her power just to avoid this predator's gaze.

Even though she hadn't seen him for two whole weeks but all the cells in her body came to life just at the moment he had touched her elbow. She could still feel his touch there. She lowered her head and looked down training her eyes to look at the floor. However it was as if they move of their own accord just to get a glimpse of the man whom she had missed during these past few days.

He was wearing a dark grey suit, white shirt and a black tie. Something tingled in her heart.
'Why does he have to look so handsome every freaking time I see him?'

She closed her eyes to block any sight of him but that only made it worse because her brain started bringing up the images of the kisses they had shared.

Suddenly lift made some noise and stopped. She opened her eyes and realised that they were stuck between the two floors. She pressed few buttons to try her luck and get out of this small box as quickly as possible but nothing made the lift move even by a centimetre. The brooding presence of a heart throbbingly handsome male behind her wasn't helping either.

"Is someone there?" she tried to call for help.

" I don't think anyone will ever get to hear your voice. So save your energy." Liam sails calmly.

Eva was annoyed now. At what exactly she had no idea. Was it the stupid lift which had decided to trap her with the man who didn't even trust her or was it the arrogant man himself who was the reason of her irritation.

Pursing her lips she turned around ready to spout some really angry words at this arrogant jerk who always seems to think so highly of himself but the moment she saw his face the words deserted her. Like they always did in his presence. It was as if his blue green gaze had hypnotized her. She couldn't pull her eyes off him.