Chapter - 17 What does he want?

Now Eva and Liam were alone and there was pin drop silence. This silence was making her all the more nervous. She finally decided to break the ice though she wasn't really sure if a conversation was a good idea especially at this time.

She cleared her throat and asked,"Mr Richardson, how can I help you?" she asked giving one of those business like smile which she had learnt while working for his company.

He folded his arms and relaxed a little on the couch. Tilting his head he looked at her.
"You think you can help me, Miss Evangeline Rose?"

"W-would you like some coffee?"she asked avoiding his question.

No answer.

"Then how about some tea? From Darjeeling maybe..."

No answer.

"Cold drink? Water?" now she was out of questions and a momentary thought passed her mind 'How about some poison?' only if she could ask.

No answer.

'If you don't want anything then just go away! Leave!' she was feeling at the end of her wits.

"I am not in the mood for any of your beverages, Miss Rose.'' he answered.

"Oh...ok then."  She just lowered her head and started counting numbers so as to   avoid looking at him and out of sight meant out of mind. If she won't look at him she'll not feel all that nervousness, at least that's what she thought. She was nervous and she was angry and worst of all he was the reason.

'Moreover, how can he sit so leisurely in my house as if he owns it? Even I am feeling alien at this place at the moment!' she finally looked up, determined to tell him that she was resigning and he can see himself out but the moment she looked up at him she stopped... as if her tongue got tied.

His attention had now shifted to something else. She followed his line-of-sight wondering what had caught his interest only to find he was looking at at a diary. It was the same diary in which she had started writing her new story... the story about a cold and ruthless billionaire who didn't give a shit about anyone's feelings, he fired people within a snap of his fingers and had no interest in girls...the last line she had added today in the evening just a few minutes ago.

She quickly got up from her seat and jumped towards the diary only to miss a step and fall straight on Liam. She  supported herself by placing her hands on the armrest of the chair so as not to completely collide into him but even so the distance between their bodies was just as just a few inches while their lips were separated by mere centimetres.

It felt like the time froze. His blue green eyes stared into the beautiful brown pair. She tried to get up but was stopped by an arm around her waist.

"M- Mr Richardson, don't you know it's a bad habit to read someone else's diary?"

He narrowed his eyes and said in a sweet voice behind which she was sure were no sweet intentions.
"Oh! you are saying it's a diary and not a rant about some cold, ruthless and arrogant billionaire who fires people mercilessly, don't give a shit about anyone's feelings and what was it....yeah!  a heartless monster who has no interest in girls." he said raising a movking brow.

She was feeling chills down her spine and hot flush in her face. Feeling hot and cold at the same time she was sure she was soon going to end up in a hospital bed with a terrible fever.

" Mr Richardson, it isn't like what you are thinking. It's.. it's a story which a friend of mine is writing. I-it's supernatural kind of story about a billionaire who can turn into into werewolf."
She was hoping him to believe her lie.

"Do you think I am stupid, Miss Rose? I remember your handwriting well enough."

"No, Mr Richardson, it isn't like that. My friend, she is a very busy person so-so she asked me for help. She gave me the outline of the story and her ideas and I'm just writing it down for her. Like a ghost writer...sort of." she was so nervous that she could hardly form one proper sentence without making any mistake.

"Are you sure, Miss Evangeline, it isn't your idea?" he asked bringing his face closer to hers.

Just a push or pull and it would have resulted into a kiss on lips, Eva realised.
She picked up her diary and hid it behind her back trying once again to get up and get as far away as possible from this man's reach.

But her attempt to escape from his hold failed once again as he tightened his arm around her waist holding her close to his large frame.

"Miss Evangeline Rose, I don't know what in the world gave you idea that I had no interest in opposite sex but it's alright. I'm not gonna be mad about such a trivial matter. So let me demonstrate you right here and right now how much interested I really am in opposite sex. After all I'm a heterosexual with a taste in opposite sex. I won't disappoint you and I give you my word about that. And...." Eva gulped nervously. Her body feeling hot rush of blood and cold chills once again. He continued,"I am sure even the billionaire in your story will also be really interested in a beautiful woman."

'Was he calling her beautiful?' Eva wondered. 'Eva! It's not the time to focus on compliments!' she admonished herself.

She tried to get out of his hold once again.
"Mr Richardson, it's... it's illegal to come to your employee's house after sunset."

"Really? And in which country is there a rule like that? I don't think we have any such rule in our country." He said with a slow smile. His gaze focused on her flushed face.

'Out of so many countries in this world there might at least be one with such a rule. And I suddenly want to migrate to that place.'
She quickly got out of his hold and stood straight, creating some distance between them she finally asked,"Are you going to fire me, Mr Richardson?"

Liam was annoyed now and wondered if that's the only thing this girl care about and was capable of thinking!
He raised a mocking brow and said with the smile of a predator,"Do you really think I'll let you go that easily, Ms Rose?"

Hearing this all the blood drained from her body.
'Is he....?'

What is he going to do to her? 😨😱