Chapter - 33 To the Dinner...

"What you did to me is called defamation, Miss Rose." he continued gently stroking her chin with his thumb. "Even though you are calling it harassment but the flush on your cheeks is saying something else." he said with the devilish smile.

Oh how much she hated herself for blushing like this! This man was supposed to be scary then why with the actions of a devil his face was that of an angel, she wondered.

This man was intelligent and smart and even though she did not want to admit but he was hardworking too. She had read a bit about him. He had started helping his dad from the age of 21 and brought the dying business back to life and was now spreading it to  different countries. She was impressed when she had read about him. And even though she didn't want to admit but she knew she was responsible for creating the situation he was stuck in.

The guilt made her agree to his demand.  She pulled away from his touch and said,"Alright. I will change."

"Good. I would have given you 30 minutes but since you wasted so much time you  have just 20 minutes left to get ready. Now change quickly and get ready." he straightened and turned around, ready to leave but then stopped in his tracks and turned his head before saying in a warning tone,"And if you tried to escape then you know well enough what I can do."

Oh she didn't want to know!
After giving her that threat he left the cabin. With his presence the Cabin had felt so small but now with him gone the small cabin suddenly started to feel so big.

"Only if I hadn't gossiped about him that day." she sighed and headed towards the restroom which was used only by her. Liam and Alex had a rest room attached to their office.

She took out the dress from the bag. She wore an eyeliner and a pink lipstick. This was the first time that she had succeeded in applying the eyeliner in her first attempt without smearing it all over her face. She looked at her reflection when she was finally ready. The dress that Liam had given her was simple but elegant. Reaching down to her knees it had beautiful embroidery of flora in silver. The of pink colour of the dress complemented her pale skin. If this dress was chosen by him then Mr Arrogant Liam Richardson sure has a good taste, Eva acknowledged. Then slipping her feet into a pair of silver high heels she picked up the bag stuffed with her work clothes and took get deep breath before walking out. Feeling ridiculously nervous and hating herself for it.

Just when she entered her cabin her breath hitched in her throat and feet froze to the ground. Other than her rapidly beating heart everything in her stopped functioning when she saw Liam waiting for her in her cabin.

He was wearing a royal blue suit. The collar of his white shirt open and exposing his throat. She fought back a wave of self awareness and gulped on her anxiety.

He ran quick eyes over Eva making her squirm inwardly before quirking a brow and saying,"You look good when you dress up properly."

She looked up at him. Her eyes never hiding the annoyance she was feeling at the moment.
"I believe I am always dressed presentably, Mr Richardson."

She was intriguing him more and more. Her delicious curves and the way she reacted to him with quick responses. She wasn't afraid of him and that was heady in itself. She was a novelty he wanted to have.

He was looking at her far too assessingly. She had to fight the urge to turn and run for the hills.
"If you are done with your inspection then shall we leave? I have to reach home early?"

"Time?"

"By 7:30."

"Why? Is someone waiting for you, Miss Rose?" he asked raising a brow.

"Yes. The files that I still have to review and my bed."

"Bed?" Liam's eyes flicked to hers. They glittered  with something dark and indefinable.

' I think there was no need to mention the bed. Damn it!'  she cursed herself inwardly before finally raising her chin defiantly and saying,"Unlike some people I need sleep to function properly.''

"Sleep is not the only purpose a bed can serve." he said in a low voice.

"You said something?" she asked.

"No. Nothing. Let's go." he said placing his hand at the small of her black.

She flinched from his touch  making him go still.
"I'm sorry if that made you uncomfortable." he apologized. She looked up at him and he looked genuinely sorry. His touch hadn't made her uncomfortable. Rather she had felt electricity run through her body at his sight touch. So much so that the place where he had touched was still tingling, she acknowledged.

They entered the lift. In that little  space Eva stood straight. Her eyes focused on the closed lift doors but every cell in her body was insanely aware of the devilishly handsome male standing beside her.

"You need some practice," Liam said catching Eva's attention. "If you acted like that in front of my grandmother then our cover will be blown in less than a second and trust me Miss Rose, if she made me marry  that woman whose name I don't even remember  then I will put you on my shoulder and drop you on an island and leave you there. All alone.

She looked at him with her eyes widened in shock. He chuckled at her reaction and said,"Don't look so scared I was kidding but I am serious about the acting part. We need to make her believe."

Just then the lift doors opened and he said looking at her,"Now, with your permission." He crooked his arm motioning her to link hers to his. She did so, willingly.  She wasn't sure why but when he had said that he didn't even remember the name of the heiress she had felt happy.

They headed towards his car and his driver opened the door for her. She took her seat finally relieved at the break of physical contact with him. However, that relief didn't last long as he took his seat beside her. Now in that  small closed space she was even more aware of him.

She demurly placed her legs together and placed her hands on her lap trying to look calm when inside her a storm was running wild. She looked at him from the corner of her eye.

He was sitting comfortably. With legs sprawled, one hand on his thigh and the other rubbing his chin as if deep in thought. He was looking out of the window and she had no idea what the man sitting beside her was thinking about.

But gosh! he was an eye candy, she admitted. He had avoided any contact with women so far.
'Of course, he is the great Liam Richardson. He is like a god standing on a high pedestal and not everyone can reach him.'
However, this time it was his grandmother who had brought a woman in his territory. A woman who was unwanted by him. But then what kind of woman does he like, she wondered.

'It isn't like you have a chance.' An innervoice taunted her and this time she was in mutual agreement with that voice. She knew well enough that she would not have been sitting here by his side in his car if it weren't for this strange thread of events her gossiping with his grandmother had led to. Making him fall in this marriage trap which he wanted to escape by all or any means possible, she sighed.

She was feeling nervous now sitting beside him. How had she survived the last few times he had given her a lift, she questioned herself.

Oh yes, I remember now. For the first time, when he had given her lift from concert to home she had slept through the way and during the second time, while returning from the party she was drunk.
And after waking up in Liam's bed  that morning she couldn't trust her drunken self ever again. The thought of what secrets she might have revealed in front of him still horrified her. As for the sleep that seemed even more of a hard task at the moment because the moment she closed her eyes she became even more sensitive to his presence beside her. How was she going to survive this, she wondered.

"Have you stared enough, Miss Rose?"