Chapter - 23 Eva's angry.

"Oh...that makes you sound like a very... scheming person." said Eva.

"I don't think that was a compliment."

"Even I'm not sure." she replied as he twirled her on the dancefloor.
"There are reporters here. They took pictures and they might even publish it too. So, don't you think it would have been much better if you had brought Alex with you? I mean then you wouldn't have needed to dance."

"No. Because I realised that in this world there are people with wild imagination."  his statement made her blush guiltily. "Though you are one of a kind."

"I am sorry and please don't remind me of that incident again and again."
He chuckled at this.

"Why were you never seen with any woman ever before? I mean there might be many willing to attend parties and dinners with you."

As she completed her sentence she could feel his body tense. She looked up into his eyes which were now looking like a block of ice. It made her question herself if she had crossed an arbitrary line.

He stopped and withdrew his touch from her and creating some distance between them he said,"The song has ended, Ms Evangeline Rose. I have something important to take care of so enjoy yourself."

With that he left her standing on the dance floor. Alone.

'What the heck! He was all goody goody a minute ago. What happened to him suddenly?'

Eva was about to follow him when someone tapped on her shoulder. She turned around and saw Mark standing behind her.

"May I have the honour of dancing with you, Miss Evangeline ?" Mark smiled.

"You are being too formal, Sir Mark." she laughed placing her hand in his.

The next song started playing and they began moving to its beats. However Eva still couldn't help but peek around hoping to find Liam standing somewhere in the crowd.

"Hey, what happened? You are here physically but your mind seems to be somewhere else." Mark frowned.

"Oh! I am sorry. It's nothing."

He twirled her.

"You dance very well." Eva complemented him.

"As I should be because while learning how to dance my partner was Amelia. It's not that she is an awesome dancer but because she would always manage to step on my foot while dancing so I had to work extra hard to learn dance and avoid being crushed by her at the same time."

Eva laughed. Mark engaged her in his conversation making her laugh and smile at his jokes. She started to feel at ease but somewhere deep within her she still wanted to look for Liam. Finally the song ended and Eva tried to leave but Mark stopped her," Would you mind dancing to one more song?"

Before Eva could reply a woman came and linked her arm with Mark's.
"Hey! you had promised me a dance." she said looking at him before finally looking at Eva and asking,"Would you mind if I take him?"

"Oh no. Not at all. You both can dance." she smiled at Mark and got down from the dance floor before Mark could stop her.

She started moving in the direction Liam had left hoping to find him.

'He's nowhere to be seen. Can it be that he left me? No! that can't be. He isn't that ruthless to leave a girl alone.' she was talking to her self again.
'But then where is he?'

Just then she saw a glimpse of Liam in the crowd and just as she was about to go to him something made her stop in her tracks.

Liam was talking to a woman. Him talking to a woman wasn't the problem but the woman he was talking to was a red light! She was wearing a deep neck dress. The neck was so deep that Eva was sure just a little tug at the top and the dress would come off. Or maybe if she bent a little then it'll expose more than what was considered appropriate, at least what Eva's grandmother considered appropriate. That wasn't all! She linked her arm to Liam's and Eva could see that women's breast touching Liam's arm.

"Why not just hug him or maybe even sit in his lap?" Eva muttered slowly.

'He isn't sitting or else she might have considered that second option of yours.' her inner voice surfaced again.

"Shut up!"

Just then she stopped a waiter who was passing by with the tray containing wine glasses in his hands. She took a glass and gulped the wine in one go. With another glass in her hand she started walking in the direction waiter had come from. She emptied that glass by the time she reached the drinks bar.

She ordered a drink and gulped it. This one felt different than the previous ones. It burned her throat but also made her feel better.

She  ordered another drink.
"What's wrong with that guy? He suddenly turns so cold to me and even gods don't know for what reason! He left me alone on the dance floor and now he is talking to that sticky women."

She had no idea how many drinks she had downed since the minute she sat on that chair. "He should have brought her with him. Why he even brought me here?"

As she was about to drink another class a  hand stopped her.

"What!?'' she turned her head and saw Mark.

"Eva, what are you doing?" he asked.

"Nothing. Just drinking some...some grapes juice."

"This isn't juice and if you want juice then you are on the wrong counter. Come now." said Mark as he tried to get her out of there.

"No! I want some more."

"Eva-"

"Ms Evangeline Rose."
They both turned around and found Liam standing behind.

Eva turned her attention back to the drinks and ignored Liam.

"One more, please." she ordered another drink for herself.

"What the hell!"

She could hear Liam mutter beneath his  breath. He sounded pissed and Eva was sure if she were to turn around to look at him he would look even more pissed. But Ah! The feeling of irritating him was oddly satisfactory.