Chapter - 25 Spilling the beans...

"Hmmm.. so this is how you treat someone who help you. Just you wait Ms Rose, we are going to have a fun time having a chat tomorrow."

She stumbled as she tried to stand straight. Her legs felt like jelly.

"Seriously Miss Evangeline Rose, how much exactly did you drink? Ha!?"

He picked her up in bridal style and walked towards the door.

"You angry?" she frowned looking at him.

"And why do you ask?"

" When you are angry you call my name Miss Evangeline Rose! It- it feels as if as..."

"As if?"

"As if you are going to give me a death sentence." she completed her sentence. Her voice was hoarse and eyes looked like they were about to flood.
"Can't you call me Eva?" she asked looking at him.

"You asked Alex to call you Eva but you never told me to do so. Then how can I call you Eva?" he answered while  closing the door behind them.

" I am telling you now to call me Eva."

" Alright. Eva." her name felt like honey on his tongue.
"Ok now, Eva sit here." he said placing her on a sofa in the living room.

She looked at him and then quickly averted her gaze.

"What is it now?" he asked not sure if he would like the answer.

"You scare people.''

He sat close to her on the table and asked raising a brow,"I scare you?"

"No." she looked at him frowning.
" I am not scared of you, no one can scare me." she bent a little towards him and said in a low voice,"I'm not even scared of ghosts.."

He chuckled.
"Then why do you look nervous whenever I see you?"

She lowered her head a little trying to avoid the eye contact.
"You to intimidate me. A lot."

"Do I?" Liam asked very softly.

"Yes." she said nodding her head.

"What kind of a boss do you think I am?"

She tapped her chin with her finger while looking at him.
"Tyrant, dictator, ruthless, arrogant, capitalist..." Liam wasn't sure if he was capable of hearing more adjectives attached to his name while Eva continued,"You are irritating but you are intelligent."

" I am glad that you consider me intelligent at least."he said shaking his head.

"But you work like a monster." she giggled.

"Oh! Well I am a monster in bed too." he said slowly his lips lifting up in a devilish smile.

"What did you say?" she asked looking at him.

"Nothing." he said. Just then a question clicked his mind,"Why did you kissed me that day?"

"When?"

"The day when I entered the cafe."

"Oh!" she giggled and hid her face with both hands as if embarrassed.
" I lost in truth and dare and kissed you by mistake." Then she removed her hands from her face and looked at him again,"But you look handsome."

Liam smiled as he finally got to hear some good words about himself.
"What do you think about me?" he asked.

"Umm.." she tilted her head a little and looked at him before finally answering,"  when I saw you... you looked so smart and handsome. You hadn't shaved that day." she said touching her lips as if reeling the feel of his stubble against her own lips.
"Then I saw your lips.."she giggled again and leaned a little towards him, stretching her hand she lightly touched his stubble and then his lips. Liam didn't stop her. He felt like lost in the moment.
"Then..."Eva continued,"I looked into your eyes.." she said touching his face and then quickly withdrew her hand and touched her cheeks,"So good looking!" she said giggling.

Liam couldn't help but chuckle.
"Then Miss Rose?"

Now her smile got replaced by a pout.
"But then you became my boss. You-  you made me work like a slave!" Liam could  see the angry fire and a fine layer of water which was about to come down her pink cheeks as tears.
" I hate you!" she sniffled.

"You hate me?" he asked surprised at her words wondering if Alex was actually right about her hating him if he overworked her.

"But then you look at me with...those blue green eyes and...and your beautiful eyes mess everything up for me. Can't even hate you."she said looking not so happy.

At first she had called him arrogant, irritating and then handsome and attractive. And now he was a monster who made her work like a slave. Women's opinions do change quickly, Liam acknowledged. Liam had never believed that girls were capable of showing more than hundred emotions within a few minutes because so far in his life women he had met were all cold and calculating who wouldn't even smile without a purpose and wouldn't mind throwing a tantrum if their wishes are not fulfilled. They were the only two things they knew.

But looking at the girl in front of him who had gone from curious little kitty to an aggressive one demanding more drinks. From a shy girl who had never even  looked at his direction properly to a sort of temptress whose one innocent touch on his face was making him question his celibacy. Within the last few minutes she had laughed, smiled, pouted, giggled, looked embarrassed and shy and was now on the verge of tears.
It was kind of entertaining, Liam acknowledged.

"Now that I have seen you I won't doubt again about girls showing a hundred emotions in a minute." he said smiling. "I'm glad that you never lie. "

Then he remembered the question that had been bugging his mind from the past few days.

"Who is Mark?" He asked. He knew he shouldn't be asking such questions about her private life but he just couldn't help himself but ask.

"My friend." she said while yawning.

"Just a friend or a really good friend?"

Eva looked at him frowning and said,"Mark is better than you. He is a good friend. He doesn't intimidate me. Makes me laugh." she said with a smile on her face.

Liam wasn't sure if he liked her answer. There was a strange feeling gurgling in his stomach.
"If he is just a friend then do you have a boyfriend?"