Chapter - 29 Next Morning

Eva prepared the coffee and was heading to Liam's office when Alex called out to her.

"Eva!"
She turned to see Alex heading to her.

"Would you make one coffee for me too?"he asked.

"Yes, of course." she was still standing at the self help and so she quickly prepared a cup for him.

"Thanks." Alex thanked her. "Is this coffee for Liam?" he asked looking at the coffee cup she was still holding in her hands.

"Yes."she replied.

"I am going to Liam's office. There are some things regarding the latest acquisition that we need to talk about. So I'll take his coffee too. You can review the files that I kept in your cabin yesterday."

"Ok." she handed him the coffee cup and
watched him  heading to Liam's office with two cups of coffee in his hands.

She made a latte  for herself and walked to her cabin. She hadn't seen Liam since yesterday after he had dropped her at her apartment. They hadn't talked much on the way to her apartment.

Today he came to the office earlier than her and now her chance of seeing him was taken away by Alex. For some strange reason she was feeling unsettling and she had no idea why. Was it because she hadn't  heard his voice since yesterday? Or was it because she hadn't seen him since yesterday? Whatever it may be but the reason for her guts doing a summersault was definitely Liam Richardson. She sighed.

"I need to focus on my work. Concentrate Eva! You have bills and rent to pay. Focus!" she tried to focus on her work and started reviewing the files. More than two hours had passed and so far she had reviewed just one file when the phone on her desk started ringing.

Eva picked up the receiver but before she could say something the person on the other end just barked his order.
"Bring me my coffee. Now." with that he cut the call while Eva blankly stared at  the receiver.

"Does this person not know how to say Good Morning?"

She walked  to the self help and quickly prepared a cup of coffee for Liam and headed towards his office.
Just when she was a few steps away from CEO's office someone tapped on her shoulder. She turned around wondering what Alex needed now but as her eyes fell on the person who had stopped her she was left shell-shocked.

" Mrs Richardson!?" Eva couldn't believe her eyes. Liam's grandmother, the same woman with whom she had gossip and in front of whom she had unleashed her wild imagination was standing right in front of her. Did she do something again to provoke karma that he brought the old lady to get her punished for her wrongdoings, Eva wondered.   

"How are you doing today child?" Grandmother asked smiling at her.

"I am good, Ma'am."

"Are you going to Liam's office?"asked the old lady.

"Er- yes. He asked for coffee so-"

"You come with me."said grandmother and turned her head a little and called out "Louisa!"

It was then that Eva noticed a tall woman standing behind the grandmother. That woman looked like she had just walked out of the cover page of a fashion magazine. She was wearing a 6 inches heel which Eva felt was not really needed because the woman herself was tall enough.

Today Eva was wearing her business suit. Cream coloured  blouse and black pencil skirt. She was glad that today she looked more like a secretary than an errand girl. She had opted to go for 3 inches heels because they were the only one in which she could walk without falling. But now in front of  this woman she was feeling very short and she had to raise her head up to take a proper look at the woman. And it wasn't the best feeling for her in the world.

"Give this coffee to Louisa and she will take it to Liam." said grandmother interrupting Eva's thoughts of self derision. Before Eva could say something that tall woman came and took the tray  from Eva's hands and started walking to Liam's office.

Eva just kept looking.
'What was that? What happened just now?'

"What was your name child?" grandmother caught her attention again.

"Eva. Ma'am."

"Oh yes! Eva." Grandmother smiled.
"If you are free would you like to  come and have a talk with me?"

'No. I would rather prefer to walk through hell's doors.' Having a talk with the old lady was not even the last thing that Eva wanted to do but she had no idea how to refuse the gossip invitation.

''Ma'am,  actually there some files-"

"Oh come on child. I won't take that much of your precious time."saying this the old lady took Eva to the sitting area where last time they had gossiped and she had landed herself in trouble.

"I- I will bring some coffee for you." Eva  tried to stall for some time as she was having a really bad feeling about what the old lady would say or do next!

''No.  I don't want any coffee. You  just-''

"Ma'am, I am really sorry about the last time." Eva thought apologizing was best before the old lady say some really harsh words.
"I shouldn't have talked all that nonsense. I am really sorry. Please forgive me." The old lady smiled and said,"It's alright. Even I had the same doubts but thanks to you the confusion is cleared. I am really glad now. I can see a great grandson before I die."
The last words of the old lady caught Eva's  attention and she frowned. 'Great grand child?'

"Pardon?" Eva frowned looking at the old lady.

"The girl, Louisa whom I sent to Liam's office is the hieress of a big textile company. She is from a reputable family and hence she will make a good daughter in law for our family."

'What if he didn't agree to this matchmaking?' was what Eva had wanted to ask but couldn't as it would feel like she was talking her nose in their matter.

"Even  if he didn't agree to her," grandmother continued as if she had read Eva's thoughts,"I have a long list of girls and I am not going to stop till he chooses one. I have to get him married by the end of this year." The old lady smiled at Eva looking very satisfied and confident about her plan.

On the other hand, Eva felt as if her heart had been plaqued.
'Of course he needs to get married.' she tried to convince her self.
'He is the boss of such a big business and thus needs a hier too. A- And  this is common for rich people... getting married for profits to someone of their standards.' Eva smiled wryly.

"Eva, the files-" they both turned to see Alex heading towards them. When his eyes landed on the old lady he couldn't keep the surprise out of his voice,"Grandmother! What are you doing here?" asked Alex.

He had come out of his office to ask Eva for a file when he saw grandmother together with her. Alex looked so pale as if he had seen a ghost.

"Alex,  I have something to talk to you." said grandmother looking at Alex.

"No! No grandmother. I can't come for dinner. I have promised my girlfriend," he emphasized on the word 'girlfriend' as he continued,"and we have also planned a movie so I can't keep her waiting."

"Come on, who is inviting you to dinner?" the old lady looked annoyed.

Eva noticed 10 minutes had passed and the woman was still in Liam's office.

'What are they doing?' she wondered. This question was just not leaving her mind.