Chapter - 34 Mr know it all

"Have you stared enough, Miss Rose?" his voice brought her out of her reveries. His lips lifted from a corner imitating a smirk. She blushed and quickly turned her head away.

"So what were you thinking about?" he asked.

She could feel his gaze on her but still maintained her attention at the passing buildings and trees which she was hardly noticing.
"Nothing." she replied.

"That has to be one big lie, Miss Rose." Liam chuckled. "Was I the subject of your interesting thoughts?"

'This guy!' she was caught red handed but there was no way on heaven and earth that she would admit to that. So she finally turned her head to look at the handsome beast sitting beside her.

"Don't flatter yourself, Mr Richardson."

"Flattering myself is not something that I ever do, Miss Rose. It's just that people love to sing my praises." He said with a small shrug.
"So I hope this time you weren't making me a mafia or an arrogant CEO in your colourful head."

She blushed guiltily.
"No! I did nothing like that!"

"But the last time-"

"That was all because I was overworked and tired. I couldn't get enough sleep and the plot of the novel I was reading at that messed a little with my brain."

"A little?" he asked raising a mocking brow.

"Ok ok. I apologize."she finally said raising hands as if accepting defeat.
"Now please don't remind me of that embarrassing incident again and again.

He grinned. The way he was looking at her as if she was the only living thing in this whole big world made her heart race a little faster. She quickly averted her gaze.

"You can look at me for as long as you want." he said in a laughing tone.

" I wasn't looking at you." she turned around to defend herself.

"But now you are." he said with the self satisfactory smile.

'God!' she groaned inwardly.
She can handle the workaholic, nitpicky and arrogant Liam Richardson but handling the flirty and teasing Liam Richardson was a completely different thing. Something she was sure she could never do. 'Damn it!'

"But still Miss Rose, are you sure your thoughts weren't related to me?" he asked eyeing her.

"I'm 110% sure."

"But I saw some dirty thoughts in those beautiful brown eyes of yours." he chuckled.

She blinked looking at him clearly shocked at his choice of words and then quickly looked at the driver in front nervous as to what he would think about her.

"Don't worry he never hear anything he isn't supposed to."said Liam coolly.

She looked back at Liam,"Mr Richardson,-"
But before she could say any further Liam placed a finger on her lips. She lost her words at the slight touch of his skin on her lips. Her heart started beating fast. She blinked at him in confusion but before she could ask anything Liam started speaking.

"My beautiful Evangeline, with your level of acting we will end up in trouble with an unaccomplished mission."

She frowned wondering what made him say that. He looked at her beautiful troubled face, his finger still on her lips,"Don't you know couples call each other by their name? Have you ever heard of a couple using honorifics? Hmm?" He now moved his finger from her lips and slightly touched her cheek. "Now call me by my name."

She blinked at him. Surprised.
"B- but you are my employer -"

"Eva, we are not going there as an employer or employee. This isn't a business meeting. You are meeting my grandmother as my girlfriend."