Chapter - 10 The Saviour

"Come on, girl. Don't be arrog-"

Before he could even complete his sentence he was pulled by the collar and a  punch landed on his face. He landed on the ground. It all happened so quickly that Eva was shell shocked. She looked in the direction where the punch had come from and there was standing Liam Richardson, in all his glory, looking like a dark avenging angel.

"Do you know who you are messing with?" said the one whose friend had just landed on the ground with a single punch. He tried to hit Liam but himself got injured.

"Didn't you hear her say 'No'?" said Liam in a menacing voice. "And if a girl says no then it means a NO."

'Hell! He is looking really angry.'

Just then the bouncers came and held those boys.

"Teach them a good lesson and make sure you they can't come out of the prison for half a year."

"Yes, Sir." With that the bouncers took the thugs away.

"And you, Miss Evangeline Rose," Liam turned to Eva.
'Looks like it's my turn now.' she could feel the blood draining from her body.

"Do you know the kind of area this is? What were you doing here all alone?"

"Eva!" they both turned to look at Mark who was coming towards them. He stopped in front of Eva and frowned. "Are you ok? You are looking pale."

Eva had just opened her mouth to speak when she got interrupted by Liam.
"Don't you think you are a little late to ask that?"

Mark looked at Liam and then at Eva. ''I'm sorry but-''

"You should be. You should have known well enough that this place is not that well developed. Yet you left her alone here-"

"Mr. Richardson, it isn't his fault. I just-" Eva tried to meddle but got susshed by an angry glare from Liam.

"Look, Mr Richardson," Mark interrupted, "I thank you for helping her out and now I think we should leave." He was about to take Eva's hand but before he could do that Liam pulled Eva  from her wrist and she collided with his hard.

"I'll take care from here. You can leave." Liam looked at the other man challengingly.

'God! Whenever I am around this man my head stops working. I have to separate these both before they start a fighting contest which I am afraid they are going to start soon.'

"Mark!" Eva called. She tried to go to him but Liam held her wrist tightly. She looked at Liam and whispered,"I'm coming, Mr Richardson. Let me talk to him."

Finally after a moment's thought he finally let go of her hand.
"Make it quick."

She went to Mark and said,"Mark, he is  my boss from the office. I'd submitted some files in the morning and now I think he found a fault in them. So I need to go and check what went wrong. I am really sorry-"

"It's alright." Mark gave a small smile. "When you reach home just drop a message. I gave you my number. Right?"

"Yeah."

He gave her a quick hug and left. And now Eva could feel someone glaring a hole in her back. He was really angry and she could feel it.

But the worst part was that she had no idea what she had done to incite his anger.

Liam grabbed her wrist and started walking towards his car. A car she was sure wasn't there a minute ago. He opened the door of passenger seat for her and himself took to steering wheel. He started driving.

A minute had passed and he still hadn't said even a single word. Eva waited a little more but even after 5 minutes he was quite. So finally she decided to break the ice as she could feel him fuming silently and his silence was making her more nervous.

"Is your driver on leave today,Mr Richardson?"

No reply.

"Were you here to attend the concert?"

No reply.

'Ok. He is really angry but why the heck is he driving so fast?'

"Would you please slow down the car a little, Mr Richardson?"
But it was as if her request met the deaf ears or maybe her words had modified themselves by the time they reached his ears because instead of slowing down he had increased the speed of the car.

"Mr Richardson, please slow down!" she requested again but Liam didn't hear.

" I said slow down!" she finally screamed and he pulled the brakes suddenly.

It was so sudden that she had almost banged her head to the front if not for the seat belt and his arm that stretched across her chest to stop her from hitting the front. She was panting heavily and could feel her heart sinking. Her limbs  felt numb and body was cold. She looked pale, Liam realised.

"I- I am sorry." he apologized not sure if that's what he wanted to do but looking at how scared she was at the moment he felt bad.

"Of course, you should be!" she screamed once she found her voice.

Just then he remembered how she had been laughing with and getting close to  that man. She had brought her face closer to his...maybe she was even kissing his cheeks! He hadn't seen much from that distance but the look on that guy's eyes was something Liam was familiar to. A look of appreciation for the opposite sex and a look filled with.... his anger surfaced again.

"Yes. I am sorry that I disturbed your date with your lover." he said with gritted teeth.

"What?" Eva asked looking clearly confused as to where this conversation was heading to. "Which lover? I mean what lover?"

"The one you were laughing with tonight and the one that left you alone in-"

"He didn't leave me alone. He just went to take his car."

"Whatever!" he replied looking in front.

"And he is not my lover." she clarified.

"What?"  this statement of Eva made him turn his head. Shifting his attention from steering wheel to her beautiful face.

"He wasn't your lover?"

"No!" Eva stated firmly.

He looked into those brown pair of eyes. Doesn't matter how much a human lie but his eyes are the mirror to his soul. They always show the truth. His gaze searched hers to find at least a trace of lie but there was none.

During these past few days that she had  worked for him he realised she was a terrible liar who would always get nervous whenever she tried to lie and her eyes always gave away. Right now looking into her eyes he knew she was speaking the truth.

He felt relief rushing through him and his shoulders relaxed.
"So, he wasn't a lover." it was more of a statement to himself than a question to her.

"Of course not! He is just friend." she lied as she didn't want to drive Amelia in this because around Liam Richardson one never knows when he will be triggered.

"A friend." he whispered to himself looking somewhere at a distant object, he smiled.

He looked at her again but her attention had shifted from his face to somewhere else. He followed her line of sight and saw what had caught her attention...