Chapter - 2 The Devil's Messenger

"He is our boss, Liam Richardson."

"What? No..." Eva said shaking her head. "You are joking, right?"
But Amelia still looked serious.

"What happened to our boss, Arthur Richardson? Where is he? Did he sell-"

"You crazy, stupid girl! Didn't you hear me greeting him? And Mr. Arthur hasn't sold this company."

''Oh thank God! I thought my job was in danger."

"Mr Arthur has gone on a trip I guess and he has handed the business here to his son, Liam Richardson and he is the guy you kissed just now."

"What? Oh no! I kissed the son of our boss.!"

"Yes."

"But why is he wearing a green jacket? Couldn't he wear formals?" Eva's head was spinning now.

"Well, he is our boss for the next 12 months. And sadly, he can wear whatever he wants."

"But I never heard of Mr Arthur going on a trip and his son taking over."

"That's why I tell you to pay at least a little bit attention to the gossips too. We knew he'll come but we had no idea that he'll be here today."

"Oh no! Amelia is he going to fire me?"

"No idea but I can just tell you to not appear in his line of sight. Avoid him as much as you can and just hope for him to  forget everything."

"Ok. I am sorry for not refusing to be a part of your office gossips but now can you please enlighten me about what kind of person this Liam Richardson is? So that I can at least prepare myself to face him when the time comes."

"Liam Richardson is the only son of our boss. He isn't really a playboy and so far he has kept his personal life far from media and controversies. Well, looking at him, 6 feet 4 inches tall, well built body, muscled and virile looks, his chiseled jaw and blue green eyes-"

" I hope you remember you are married, Amelia." Eva interrupted.

"Well, I was just saying that girls fall for him easily and he has wealth and power and looks and everything one can want. I really think he spends his nights-"

"Can we please talk about the serious part?"

"Ok. When it comes to work he is a workaholic. Till now he was working in London branch of the corporation. It's hard to meet his expectations. He easily  fire people without a second thought and conscience, I must say. The only person who has worked for him for a pretty  long time is his secretary, Alex. The guy standing beside him."

"I didn't notice him." She was so nervous at that time that the only thing she looked at was that green jacket and the guy wearing it. The rest had just faded into the background.

"I advise you not to go anywhere near him because even though he is a treat to the eyes but after the stunt you pulled just now-"

"Ok I understood. Please don't remind me of that embarrassing moment." said Eva.
"He is gonna fire me." Eva said sadly.

"Don't worry, he will not." Amelia assured her.

"Are you sure?" Eva asked with hope dripping from her eyes.

"Well, there's always a hope. Think positive. Just wait for today, if nothing happens, good. If he doesn't call you for  this entire week then excellent because then you are in safe zone and you still have your job."

"Amelia?" Someone called for Amelia.

" I'll be back in a minute." With these last words Amelia was gone and now Eva was left with her self. All alone. Worrying about the consequences of the kiss she had just now given to a stranger... who now turned out to be her new boss.