Chapter- 1 Truth or Dare

"The UNIVERSE is always speaking to us...
Sending us little messages
Causing COINCIDENCES and SERENDIPITIES.
reminding us to stop.
to look around:
to BELIEVE in something else
something more."
- Nancy Thayer

"I choose the truth." said Evangeline Rose after being forced in a game of truth and dare.

"Boooo...'' everyone started booing at her to show their displeasure.
''Oh, come on Eva your life don't have anything interesting for us to uncover and everytime we play truth and dare game you always choose the truth. So this time you will have to choose Dare."

''No. I am leaving." Damn me! why did I even agreed to play this game? Eva cursed herself inwardly.

"Come 'on Eva, don't be a coward." said Adam, her colleague.
"Yes, Eva. It's just a game." Other one joined in his support.

Evangeline Rose, a 21 year old college graduate who works in a multinational corporation in New York city. Beautiful, intelligent, honest and a hardworking girl. Only child of her parents and far away from home. After graduation she looked for a job in publication sector but maybe she ran out of luck at that time because there were no vacancies and they needed no interns. She didn't want to be a burden to her parents and now when she was finally 21 she wanted to take her responsibilities on her own. She finally landed a job in Richardson and sons Inc. The company hired her to run some small errands and help other employees and even though she was more capable for any other job, she willingly accepted this one because 'Something is always better than nothing.' The working atmosphere at the company was quite good and after a month of joining Eva really started liking this job. Even though it was a bit tiring but her salary was paying her bills and she was still getting time to write her characters to weave a story and she made some good friends here, who right now were having fun at her expense.

"Ok." Eva finally spoke up. "Ok fine. I choose dare."

"Yes! What should be the dare? What should be the dare?" Everyone started brainstorming, repeating the words 'what should be the dare' as if it was some mantra.

Natasha, one of her colleagues spoke up. "Ok Eva, for you the dare is that you will have to kiss the first person that enters from that door." She said pointing towards the café's door.

It was their break time and everyone decided to go to the café near to their company. The café was also a property of Richardson & Inc. The company not only had a chain of hotels but also some clubs and this café on it's name.

"What? No way! There is no way that I will kiss a stranger." Eva refused.

''Come on Eva we are not telling you to sleep with him. It's just a small kiss."

''Yes, Eva. Come on you can do it."

"Yes! yes !" Everyone now started forcing her.

'God! Save me this one time please. I promise I will never play truth and dare game ever again. Save me please.' Eva prayed inwardly.

Just then Eva's phone pinged. There was a message from Amelia. Eva looked at her friend who was sitting opposite to her.
The message read,'Just do what they say or else they will not let you go.'

'Why are you messaging me when I am sitting right in front of you? And I am not going to kiss a stranger.' she messaged back.

Amelia messaged back, 'You are not kissing a random guy. I got a message from my cousin. He is here. He must be in the parking right now. Just kiss him and you will be free.'

'But how will I recognise him? And what if he misunderstood or something?'

'I met him in the morning and he is wearing a green jacket today that I gifted him and don't worry I will explain him everything.'

"Oh come on Eva, what are you doing in your phone? Get up and do your task. Complete the dare.''

Eva got up unwillingly from her seat and started walking towards the entrance. With each step towards the entrance, her heart beat was increasing. She took a deep breath to calm her nerves. She looked back at the crowd of her friends sitting around the table with their eyes glued to her. Everyone looked at her smiling and mouthed 'Come on, Eva you can do it.'
Eva was surprised that they were not screaming and shouting and banging their hands crazily on the table and cheering - 'Eva! Eva! kiss kiss!'

Shaking her head she started walking towards the entrance. She saw a guy entering the café. He was wearing a green jacket and she could only see his side profile. She mustered all her courage and walked up to him.

He stopped when Eva stood in front of him. He still had his shades on so Eva couldn't see his face properly but he was tall, around 6 feet or maybe around 6 feet 4 inches...Eva realised nervously.

She took a deep breath, stood on her toes and kissed the guy in green jacket on his cheek. She had expected her friends to cheer and laugh but there was pin drop silence. Even the tap of the heels and murmuring of people had stopped. It was so quiet that Eva could nearly hear her own heart beating loudly. She looked back at her friends and they were all quiet and looked pale as if they had seen a ghost.

She once again looked at the guy whom she had kissed just now. He had taken his shades off now and was looking at her.

'His eyes are blue-green...just like the deep ocean. I never knew Amelia's cousin was this handsome.'

Just then she heard hurried foot steps around her and in a moment her circle of friends was now standing near her.

''Hello Sir." came Josh hurriedly forward trying to cover Eva. Natasha pulled Eva back and Amelia rushed with a bouquet in her hands towards the guy.

" Mr Richardson." said Amelia while handing over the bouquet to that stranger.

'What's going on?' Eva frowned and looked at Natasha questioningly but before Natasha could say something Amelia came and dragged Eva with her to a corner.

''What happened, Amelia? What are you doing? Aren't you going to talk to your brother?"

"Dear Miss Evangeline Rose, do you have any idea whom you kissed just now?"

''Isn't he your cousin? You told me that he will be wearing a green jacket and-"

''Ughh...Eva!'' Amelia groaned in frustration.
"Of course I had said that but that man over there isn't my cousin."

''What?" Eva's eyes widened in shock. "Then who is he?"

"Our Boss, Liam Richardson."

Is there anyone who has suffered from this truth or dare game? 😅🤭

This is my second story so I hope you liked the beginning. Don't forget to vote to show your support and comment!!