Chapter - 20 Getting ready...

"Ms Evangeline Rose, you need to work hard on that mouth filter of yours. And you really need to think before you speak!"

" I do think. A lot!"

"Don't think a lot! With your hyperactive imagination you just need to think a little. And you also need to leash those horses of your wild imagination or else I am afraid people will start calling you crazy."

"That was rude!" she complaint.

"Was it?" he asked and she nodded.
"Good because if you didn't work on controlling your imagination then I'm sure you will end up in trouble." he said

He had a point, Eva realised. "I'm sorry."

"I want you to leave at 12 noon. You will go to the parking lot and there you will find my driver. There will be a lady too who will be helping you to choose an evening dress -"

"Why?" she interrupted.

"If you allow me to speak then maybe I'll explain."

"Oh. Ok."

"There is a business dinner and I want you to come with me."

"Why?"

"After listening to your wonderful thoughts about me I was wondering if there are more whose thoughts match yours or maybe walk along the same line. Even though you are one of a kind but still I need to keep their opinions in check."

"Oh... ok."

" I think you can also buy some formal business suits because since the day we first met I have seen you in jeans and skirts and... sneakers." he said looking down at her feet.

She knew she shouldn't have talked to his grandmother like that and shouldn't have made him the target of her uncontrollably hyperactive imagination but it wasn't her fault that she was still roaming around in informals!

"Mr Richardson, Earlier I was just an errand girl so I had no need to follow the dress code and that's why I don't have any dress. However since the day I started working for you I have hardly got 5 hours of sleep and 2 hours to myself. Exactly when do you think I had the time to go shopping?" she asked with her voice super sweet.

''You can go now. You still haven't got paid so I'll take care of the payment -"

"Then deduct it from my salary later."

" I want you to be back here at 5pm so that we can leave for the dinner."

"Don't you think you should take someone else? I mean someone who is more familiar with such dinner parties."

"No. I don't have time and energy to look for another female companion."

"I don't think you need to look for them. Just say a word and a queue will be waiting for you." She said looking serious this time.

"For once Ms Rose, can you follow an order without asking? Hmm? Or is it that hard for you to understand normal human language?"

This time she actually felt scolded but given her outspoken words a minute ago and her outrageous comment about his sexuality, she decided to let it go.
"Ok. I'll be ready by 5pm."

"Good. Don't worry, this is just a business dinner. It's not that big of a deal. All you need to do is to just stay by my side and exercise some control on your hyperactive imagination and that careless mouth of yours. Though I think they will find you amusing."

"Am I a creature from another planet for them to find me amusing?" she asked eyeing him.

"That was a compliment." he chuckled.

"Really?" she narrowed her eyes.

"Yes. You can leave now and do some work before you leave."

"Ok."

"Redo my coffee before you get back to work."

"Too much of caffeine is not good." she said while picking up his cup.

"What did you say?"

"Your coffee will be here in a minute." she smiled and quickly closed the door behind her.

She was the most amusing being he had ever met in his life. His life had become predictable. Everything happened according to his words. Everyone always attentive and ready to carry out his orders. But around this girl he had no idea about what will happen next! She was the first one to make him lose his calm, his mind and make him feel emotions. She was like a breath of fresh air. An involuntary smile touched his lips.
"What am I going to do with you, Ms Evangeline Rose?"

~~~~~~~~

Eva was dragged by the lady from one place to another. Getting pedicure, manicure done, buying a dress and sitting for long hours on a chair to get the hairstyle and makeup done. She was exhausted. Though according to the beliefs of people she needed to be groomed to be worthy of accompanying the great Liam Richardson. But the result was definitely unimaginable. She couldn't recognise herself in the mirror. Everything had turned out to be awesome.

However that was making her nervous too. She was wearing an off shoulder floor length red dress. The dress was simple but elegant. Though she wasn't sure if her breasts were always this big! She had always hid them under her loose fitting blouses and baggy hoodies but this dress was just bringing all the more attention to her curves.

They were driving back towards the office building. It was already 5:30 p.m. The lady who had helped Eva with the makeover said,"I am getting off here. When you reach the office building you don't need to go up. Just wait in the car and Liam will be there."

"Ok and thanks for your help today." Eva thanked the lady.

She returned her smile and with that she got off the car. She walked towards her car and left.

Now the driver drove Eva to the office building. As they were waiting for Liam to come down Eva couldn't help but feel anxious.

Why was she feeling so nervous, she wondered. Maybe because this was the first time she was going for a business dinner or maybe this makeover that had turned out way too good than her expectations was responsible for this anxiety or maybe it was because she was going to spend the next few hours in the close proximity of gorgeously handsome Liam Richardson.

Thinking all this was making her more nervous by every passing second. She started to take deep breaths to calm her nerves down.

"Miss, are you okay?" the driver asked.

"Yeah, I'm alright." Eva replied wondering if her nervousness was reaching him too.

He got out of the car and now finally Eva had few more minutes to counter nervousness or so she had thought. But  just then the door on her side opened and the next thing she knew was that Liam Richardson was sitting beside her.

She looked at him. He smelled of fresh shower. His crisp  white shirt covered by a tailored jacket which she was sure was definitely not what he was wearing in the morning. He actually look good in whatever he wear. Though Eva was sure he would look even more good if he  wear nothing.
The train of her thoughts was heading in a dangerous direction, she realised.

"Am I looking so good, Ms Rose, that you can't take your eyes off me? Hmm?" he asked smirking.