Chapter - 46 Confession...

She had no idea for how long they sat there like that. Finally when she felt him relax she pulled him from her embrace and gently tried to wipe his wet cheeks. He held her hand in the mid air as he looked at her with guarded eyes.

He was back on his guard, Eva noticed. Was he regretting now about why he told her everything, she wondered.

She gave him one of her gentlest smile and said," It's alright. You don't become weak if you cry. Rather I would say that crying is a really good stressbuster. It makes one feel relaxed and his eyes beautiful. Though your eyes are already enticing enough but now they are even more hypnotic."

He looked at her without batting an eye and said, "Who said I was crying?"
His eyes look humourless and challenging.

He looked just like a child who was angry because his ego was hurt. She had wanted to laugh at his cute expression but she decided to hold that laugh and put forth the best smile she could manage.
" It's alright. I'll not tell anyone that you were standing in the rain."

"If you dared to tell anyone else then I'll spank you." He said.

Eva had just opened her mouth to argue but then closed it again as the meaning of his words created some really erotic images in her head and she turned scarlet. Liam chuckled at her embarrassment.

She was glad that now he finally got released of the guilt he was carrying during all these years and now he was smiling. So she decided to ignore his audacious behaviour from a second ago but still there was one thing she really wanted to say.
"You are quite brazen, Mr Richardson." she said pursing her lips.

Just then another kiss landed on her soft pink lips and the wolfish gleam was back in Liam's eyes as he said, "And you are quite forgetful, Miss Rose."

"You- you kissed me again!" she hit him in the chest and he held her tiny fist close to his heart.

"Because you used honorific again."

" I am not your friend to call you by your name."she protested.

"Who said you are my friend?" he gently rubbed her lower lip with his thumb as he continued,"You are my girlfriend."

"No, I was your fake girlfriend." she said reminding him and her own self that there was no real meaning to their relationship. It hurt but it was the truth.

She tried to get up but he snaked his arms around her waist and pulled her even closer to him. His sudden action surprised her and she looked at him in shock.

"And what if I always saw it as real and not fake? Can't we become a real couple?"

"No."

"Why is that now?" his face hardened a bit. No one had ever said no to to him for anything. Was this woman woman born on earth just to disagree with him on each and every freaking thing? Even when he had opened his heart like a book in front of her why was she being so stubborn?

"You don't even like me." Eva said slowly but it was loud enough for him to hear.

"And who said I don't like you?" he was surprised at her answer.
"Do you think I would kiss just anyone and let just anyone sit on my lap?" He asked raising a brow.

She looked at their sitting position and realised that she was still sitting on his thigh and the realisation made her blush.
She tried to get up but he held her from her waist, restricting any of her movement.

"Who said you could get up? Answer my question first. What in the world made you think that I don't like you?"

"Er- that.." she tried to gather her chaotic thoughts which were running wild due to this close proximity.
"You looked so angry when you called me to your office for the first time. I mean, I know I shouldn't have kissed you but -"