A big day - Chapter 28

I woke up this beautiful Saturday morning at…. What? Wait…. What’s the time? Shit its 10:30am! Lunch is at 11:30am! It takes half an hour to get there! Shit!

I quickly got up out of bed and rushed to the bathroom. I straightened my hair put a small amount of makeup on, I put a bit of eye liner on just because it’s a special occasion. I quickly got changed and walked out into the living room where Bernie was ready and sitting on the couch.

“It’s about time you were ready!” Bernie said.

“Oh did you ever think I would’ve been ready earlier if you had woken me up?” I asked.

“I didn’t want to be mean though!”

“That’s alright, let’s go, we’ll get a coffee on the way!”

We went out of the elevator, out of the building and went to the car and got in. We drove for half an hour just listening to music singing a long drinking our coffees. Ever since I have been in Melbourne I have been obsessed with coffee, I just don’t get enough sleep so it kind of wakes me up and gets me going for the day but it does taste amazing!

We pulled up at this really nice restaurant and we were guided to a special private room. There were about 20 guys and 15 girls there so some people just came alone. I was introduced to all the players and their girlfriends. Bernie introduced me to Buddy. The God of football.

“Hello, I’m Tash.” I smiled as I shook his hand.

“I’m Buddy, Bernie here has told us a lot about you, so your Smithy’s daughter aren’t ya? I played with him a few times, he is a top bloke.” Buddy said.

“Oh that’s so cool!” I replied.

“Yeah so I hear your dating that boy bander instead of this handsome bloke!” Buddy laughed grabbing onto Bernie’s shoulder.

“Yeah but me and Bernie are just mates!” I giggled.

“Well when you’re done with the other guy go to Bernie!” He smiled.

“Alright!” I laughed.

We found are seats and the waiter took our orders. We all had a good time getting to know each other and talking about their goals for this year and what they are expecting from the other teams. It was quite lovely. We were given our meals and our drinks and we ate our meals. Schnitzel and chips. Best meal ever.

“So how’s training going for ya Bernie? I remember my first week, it was brutal!” Buddy smiled at him from down the table.

“Yeah it does feel like I’ve been hit by a truck!” Bernie laughed and so did everyone around the table.

“I know how you feel mate! But it does get better!”

“Thanks Buddy!” Bernie said.

We talked for a little while after but we were running out of time and needed to get home so we could get ready for the party. We said our goodbyes and went into the car and drove home.

Bernie’s P.O.V

We arrived home and I started to get changed. I got into a white singlet with the picture of a sunset on it. I put on some of my salmon coloured shorts and my thongs and I was ready to go. I walked out into the living room to see Tash waiting by the door in her tan coloured dress that I bought her. You could see a bit of her black bikinis that she was wearing underneath. She was wearing her high strappy black wedges, she looked beautiful.

To be honest I am scared that other guys were going to hit on her tonight and I know that’s something Harry really wouldn’t want.

“Tash before we leave, you only talk to the boys you know and no one else, that’s what Harry would want alright?”