Sing along with me - Chapter 31

Harry’s P.O.V

I woke up this morning and unwrapped my arms from Tash’s body and got up, I didn’t want to wake her she deserved more sleep. I walked into the common room to find Zayn on his phone looking pretty upset. I sat down next to him and put my arm around his shoulder.

“What’s up man you look a bit down.” I asked him.

“Look I love Perri, we get each other but I don’t think things are working out anymore, I don’t think she loves me as much as I love her, she doesn’t want to commit to our relationship anymore, look.” Zayn said holding up his phone to me. I looked at the text.

Perri: Maybe we should take a break, things are too complicated for both of us at the moment and it might just be for the best.

“What do I say to her? I don’t want to take a break so obviously the feelings between us aren’t the same for each other. I don’t know whether to break it off or ask if we can keep it going.” Zayn explained.

“Man I don’t know, I think go on the break and just see how things pan out, tell her to keep it on the down low though because management will want you to break up because of all the publicity.” I explained.

I really didn’t know Zayn and Perri were having trouble, they are so good for each other, they are both so relaxed and they act the same too. I just don’t understand how two people who are very suited for each other could go on a break; I guess every relationship has one of these moments. It kind of reminds me of the Danielle and Liam situation, it was so out of the blue and unexpected. It’s just so weird to me.

“I guess that’s probably the best way to deal with it all. I’ll do what she wants any way, I just don’t want her to leave me, she is a good one.” Zayn sighed.

“Don’t let Perri go then, tell her how much she means to you and how much it would kill you if she wasn’t around.” I said “Remind her of all the good times and all the bad times and how you got over them, tell her that you can both get through this.”

“Do you think it would work?” Zayn asked with a little sniff at the end of his sentence.

“I think it will, she needs to realise that you guys are a pretty accurate match and that’s a little rare to find someone like that.”

“I thought Perri had already realised that.” Zayn sighed.

“If she had realised that already she wouldn’t want to go on a break she would’ve made an effort to make it work not just give up.” I explained. “Text her.”

Zayn: Perri, don’t just give up on everything. Don’t just say ‘Let’s go on a break’ because we’re a little busy or it’s a bit complicated because we need to make an effort to make things work between us. I think we have something special, we think the same and stuff and that’s pretty rare according to some people, not everyone can finish my sentences like you can so I can’t risk losing you.

Perri: We need to talk in person, that’s the best way to work this out I think.

Zayn: When I get back to London we will talk. I would like that a lot.

“See there is always a solution!” I smiled.

“Thanks Harry, things might just work out.” Zayn replied looking down at his phone.

“I hope they do man.” I reassured him.

I got up and patted him on his shoulder and walked back into my room. I looked at Tash’s eyes open a tad as she yawned.