Slow - Chapter 22

Liam’s P.O.V

I just landed in Sweden. Got my bags, caught a taxi and arrived at the hospital. It was really late like 11:30pm. I walked up to the little front desk.

“I am here for Kate, I’m Liam.” I smiled to the nurse at the front desk.

“She is in the big room, down the hall and the door to the left.” The nurse said “Please don’t try and wake her, chemo hasn’t been treating her well at the moment.”

I nodded and walked down the hall. I opened the door to find Kate curled up around a bucket, she looked so sick and tired.

“Hey beautiful.” I whispered as I walked over to her. She was wide awake and she looked horrible.

“Hey Liam.” Kate said trying her best to smile.

“Looks like someone isn’t feeling to well.” I smiled and kissed her on the forehead.

“I feel like I’ve been hit by a truck.” She sighed. I pulled her hair back as she threw up into the bucket. “I’m sorry.”

“Why are you sorry? You have nothing to be sorry for.” I said pulling her hair back into a ponytail.

“It’s just you didn’t have to be here and you are and I am as sick as a dog.” She sighed.

“Well I want to be here with you, even if you are sick, I want to be here.” I said sitting next to her. She rested her head on my shoulder and slowly drifted off and so did I.

My dreams were always more perfect than reality, dreaming of her well and happy running down the stairs of our summer home. I’m really not sure why I feel so strongly about someone like this, I don’t want to lose her. Ever. But surely she doesn’t want me, she has so much to worry about being through all this but I am dying to ask her… I slowly lifted my lids and glanced over to discover her staring up at my lips. When she saw I was watching her lips also her cheeks flushed red and I felt her body get hot with embarrassment. But rather than looking away she shifted her gaze to my eyes, I glanced from her eyes, to her lips, and back to her eyes. I ran my hand that wasn’t already around her body up her neck and entwined my fingers in her hair, I leaned towards her and her eyes fluttered closed. I slowly lowered my gaze to her lips again and let my eyes close. Our lips touched for the first time, it was more than I had imagined. A flood of emotion sored through me and I felt like I never had before, she was all I wanted in this moment. All I would ever want.  The taste of her lips was sweet and soft, despite everything she had been through, how did she remain to be so perfect. The passionate embrace was held for what seemed like years, but when we finally pulled away I rested my forehead against hers and closed my eyes.

“Do you have a crush on anyone Kate?” I whispered softly with a sheepish smile

“Well yes, actually, I do. But the guy is kinda a loser…” she was also smiling and was about to giggle, I could tell. What an adorable smile. She was beautiful.

“Well I need to ask you something, will you give a loser a chance to make you happy?” as soon as I said it my stomach flipped and I felt uneasy, if she said no I would be crushed, but never enough to leave her for good. I would always be there.

“I’d love to give a loser a chance. But I’m kind of a loser myself…”

I beamed with happiness and could barely stop enough to reply to her

“We can be losers together if you would like” I couldn’t stop the happiness from shining though.

“I’d like nothing more… I love you Liam”

“I love you more…” I couldn’t help myself letting out a laugh, I didn’t know how else to express my happiness. I grabbed her and held her tighter than ever, she squeezed me back and buried her head in my chest, I could feel her smile against my plaid shirt and it just made mine even wider. I lowered my head to rest it on hers and just tried to absorb the moment for all it was, in the last minutes before Christmas I asked the girl of my dreams to be my girlfriend. Never would I forget this night for as long as I live. 

Hey Guys!

Sorry this was a short chapter but I thought this was short and sweet! My friend helped me write a lot of it so thank her for the amazingness! Upload soon!

Love Toy Story