Finally - Chapter 29

3 weeks later - Monday

I was starting to get a lot better. My stomach cleared up but it was still a little sore when I used my stomach muscles but it was bearable, my eye had cleared up and the swelling on my lips had gone down a lot too. My legs were feeling a lot better and my cast was coming off a day before I see the boys. Life is actually going pretty well for me.

This week was going to be my first week back at school and I knew I had already missed out on a lot of school but it was time to catch up. I got ready for school and Bernie drove me there. On the way to school Bernie and I had gotten our coffees from the small coffee shop around the corner. He dropped me off and I walked into the school as I drank my coffee. I walked up to my locker and got my usual stuff out and quickly skulled my coffee and put the coffee cup into my locker and then walked into the classroom. Everyone’s heads turned and everything went silent. Ryan was still just as welcoming and offered me the seat next to him and I smiled and accepted the offer.

“Hey Tash how are you feeling?” Ryan asked.

“Yeah alright actually how about you?” I asked.

“Fine thanks, so will you be playing footy at recess or lunch?”

“I am not allowed to, still a bit delicate, see the arm?” I laughed holding up my cast.

“Well I am quite the artist, can I draw on it?” Ryan asked.

“Sure go for it.” I smiled. I gave him all my different coloured sharpies.

He started drawing some really cool graffiti art on my cast, it looked really good.

“Lesson 1 now!” Mr Barton yelled.

“Oh Tash our Monday and Tuesday time table has switched so we have Home Ec now.” Ryan said.

“Oh cool.” I said as we walked out the classroom. I went to my locker and switched my books around. Ryan waited for me the whole time and we walked off to class.

“So how’s Lara, everything’s going well?” I asked as we made our way to class.

“Actually, not too well, she hates me because I went to a party without her, I don’t get how it’s such a big deal.” Ryan said.

“She is just being a bitch, she wants to spend every 5 seconds with you and do everything with you but you don’t want to and that’s why she’s angry.” I explained.

“She is just so clingy and the reason I didn’t want her to go is because she wouldn’t know anyone there and she would’ve been shitty the whole time.”

“To be honest if she can’t make friends with your friends she isn’t worth the time.”

“You think I should break it off with her?” Ryan asked.

“Okay be honest with me here, why did you ask her out in the first place?” I replied.

“Um because she is hot…… and she’s popular……. and she liked me.” Ryan explained.

“Exactly it was never because she was nice or anything and she has never done anything good to you has she?” I reminded him.

“You’re actually kind of right.” Ryan said. “I think I might do it, she is getting too clingy but how do I break it off?”

“Alright you have got to do it in person or else she will go round telling everyone how much of a bad person you are.” I explained. “Tell her that you just don’t feel the same anymore but you still think she is a smart and beautiful girl who deserves a lot better than you, just tell her what she would want to hear because that’s what every girl wants.”