Check on me - Chapter 6

I talked to her Dad about it and he said he would like her to see a doctor. I talked to Paul and he organized an appointment for her. We went straight from breakfast to the black van.

“Where are we going today boys?” Tash asked in her cheerful little voice.

“To the doctors.” Louis said in his serious voice. She stopped walking.

“Why, tell me!” She demanded.

“Tash just get in the car!” Niall said calmly.

“No I refuse to unless you tell me.” Tash said.

“Ok then Liam will have to carry you!” Zayn said. Liam picked her up bridal style as she started to scream for help. No one listened to her. Liam sat her on the seat and did up her seat belt.

“Tash, it’s just a check-up and a needle, we know your scared of needles, we just didn’t want to tell you.” Liam said hugging her. Liam was a very warm and gentle guy but he was also a very good liar. He did it for her own good though, just to calm her down.

In the van I sat next to her. She put her head on my shoulder and I held her hand.

“I hate needles.” She said as she giggled a bit.

“Well I will just have to hold your hand wont I!” I said squeezing her hand tighter. She nodded and put her head back on my shoulder. We arrived at the Adelaide Women’s and Children’s hospital where we went for her check-up. While she was talking to the doctor we went and visited a few fans that were very sick. It was very touching to meet the fans who were in the hospital. We talked to them for a while and followed them all on twitter. I told the other boys to wait down with the sick fans while I went up and talked to the doctor. I waited outside the door until the doctor opened it and told Tash to wait outside. He wanted to have a word alone with me.

“I can tell she is very stressed at the moment, she needs to eat more calories each day or else it will turn into something more serious but most girls tend to stop eating during a stressful period of time and I think that’s her case. I have prescribed her with vitamins, she needs to take these every day and every night and she needs to have a minimum of 8 hours of sleep per night.” The Doctor explained. He handed me an a jar of pills and an Envelope “Please Give this to Matt Smith or another one of her legal guardians.”

“Thank you very much for your time.” I said politely. I walked out to see Tash pacing in the small hallway.

“So is anything wrong with me?” Tash asked. She seemed worried.

“No your fine, you just need to eat more and take these vitamins every day and every night, okay?” I said to her handing her the jar of pills.

“Fine.” Tash said in a monotone voice as she took the jar. The boys walked over to us.

“Everything fine?” Niall asked

 “Yeah.” Tash said

“Well good because I am hungry and I want some food.” Niall exclaimed.

“Niall you just ate!” Liam said.

“Let the boy eat Liam! I will ask Paul if we can get some food on the way back.” Zayn said. Tash just looked up at me and gave me her puppy dog eyes. I knew she didn’t want to eat. That’s why she looked at me. She knew that I knew what was happening. I am going to help her. I took her hand.

“Don’t let anyone pap you two like that they will think you are a couple!” Zayn said as all the boys laughed. Harry did two.

“I will take her other hand then to make it look normal!” Niall said grabbing hold of her hand. He defiantly liked her, he couldn’t leave Tash alone!

Niall’s P.O.V

I could tell she liked Harry. I knew it. I could see the way she looked at him and not me and yeah it hurts. When I held her hand she didn’t even look at me she just looked at Harry with her beautiful blue eyes. I wanted her to look at me like that. I just wanted anyone to look at me like that. I just wanted someone to want me back. Someone special, someone like Tash.

We walked outside the hospital. Cameras were flashing everywhere, and people were asking questions, pushing us around. She got scared. She just froze.

“It’s okay Tash, just hold my hand.” I said squeezing her hand really tight and pulling her through the crowd of people. We got in the van.

“Tash what happened to you out there?” Zayn asked.

“I heard a question.” She said looking really blank. You couldn’t tell what her emotions were.

“What was it?” I asked her while I took hold of her hand again and squeezed it.

“What is a fat, ugly girl doing with One Direction?” She replied.

“Tash you know it’s not true, we know it’s not true, they are just jealous.” Liam said.

“No.” She said looking up at Liam “It’s true, otherwise they wouldn’t have said it.” Tash said staring into his eyes. It looked like she was looking right through him.

“Don’t say that Tash, millions of girls would kill to be in your place, they are just trying to knock you down so they can get to you are!” Louis said looking at her sympathetically.

“I got told this all the time when I was younger, I just hate hearing it.” Tash said as a tear rolled down her face. Harry hugged her. She hugged him. I wish that was me. Why didn’t I hug her? I am such a dumbass. I will never win her over.

Harry’s P.O.V

I hugged her.

“You are so beautiful; never listen to what they say.” I whispered in her ear. She just hugged me back and then rested her head on my shoulder. We drove back to the hotel. I remember when I got my first lot of hate. I sat in my room on my phone and cried. I didn’t speak to anyone. I wanted some space to just be alone. We got back to our room. She walked straight to the bathroom. I could hear her crying through the door. I wish I could help but I knew that there was nothing I could say or do to cheer her up. Why did people have to do this? They really don’t know how it impacts on some one’s life. I walked over to the bathroom door.

“Tash, open the door.” I said. I couldn’t walk in, the door was locked.

“Just leave me alone!” She cried. She was really upset. Luckily Zayn knew how to pick locks. He got one of her bobby pins and picked at the lock. I opened the door to finding her sitting on the floor, with her head buried in her knees. I went and sat next to her and wrapped both my arms around her. She hugged me back. I carried her into my room and we sat on the bed as I hugged her and whispered “You are so beautiful” into her ear over and over again. I truly meant it. Tonight was our last night together. I felt so close to her.