Chapter 61

I stared out of the window of my office deflated.  I felt powerless because I couldn’t help her.  I couldn’t help Celeste.  It has been almost a week and Celeste has been unable to change back into her human form.  No matter how much we try to explain the process after countless tests from our and other doctors, we couldn’t figure out why she was unable to shift.  It had to be psychological.

Celeste was becoming more and more withdrawn and isolated from me and the others.  She spent her time by the lake just staring into the water  or just wandering around the woods on the property.  She has refused to come anywhere near the pack house and avoided crowds. 

The only time we seemed to connect was when I was in wolf form and although we still couldn’t communicate, we connected on a more spiritual level.  I was more attune to her feelings and we have concocted our own language.  It took her about two days after her shift to get use to her wolf form and be comfortable with her new body.  Her wolf was slightly bigger than the average she-wolf and she was fast.  I know it has something to do with her bloodline and maybe that’s why she was immune to my alpha command.

“Son? Colin!” my mother’s voice broke through my train of thoughts and I turned as she was shutting the door.

“Any luck?”

“I’m sorry, no.  She really tried but wasn’t able to shift or communicate.” My mom arrived two days ago, in hopes that she could help since she was also a Luna. My mom made a last attempt to help Celeste before she return home to my older brother, James, who was expecting his first child any day now.

“I really appreciate you coming out.  I know Celeste does too.  Dylan is ready to take you to the airport.”

“I can stay longer if you need me too?”

“Thanks, go home. I know you want to be home when your first grandchild is born. Tell James and Nicole I said congratulations and give my nephew a kiss for me. I will call you if there is any change.” I gave her a hug and we started walking towards the door. I wanted to be with Celeste.

“Have patience, I’m sure you two will figure it out.  She might just need more time to adjust.  It isn’t everyday that a grown person shifts into a wolf for the first time; it can be taxing on the body and the mind. Once everything works out I want you two to come up and visit, everyone misses you.”

“I promise we will and I miss everyone too.  Call me when you get home.” I walked her out to car and watch as Dylan drove off.  I would’ve taken her myself but I couldn’t part from Celeste even for a few hours.

If we didn’t find something soon, I will have to take her to the council and let her see the doctors there.  I wanted to avoid that all costs, because that would lead to a lot more problems.  They would know either we lied about finding her ancestry or try to run a battery of test to find out more about her bloodline.  I was not willing to risk that just yet.  I have to protect her true identity from the council.

I shifted into my wolf sniffing out Celeste’s scent.  Her addictive scent called out to me and I followed passing the lake to the secluded house where we spent our honeymoon.  The cabin has become like her second home and she gravitated towards soon after she learned to run.

I spotted her curled up on the porch and as I approach I watched as she raised her nose to the air catching my scent.  She leaped up jumping off the porch charging straight for me.  I surprised by her excitement at seeing me, I thought she would be wallowing in her bout of failure with my mom.

My blood boil with lust as she rubbed her body against mine nuzzling her nose in my neck. I didn’t complain but return her affection.  God I miss holding her and making love to her.  I wanted to taste her so bad I started lapping her face and she immediately backed off.  She nudges me with her head and looks towards the trees.  I knew she wanted us to run.