Chapter 40

I watched in horror as that coward raised his gun aiming at Celeste as she fled for cover in the trees. My wolf leaped just in time in the line of fire when the gun went off. POP..POP..POP..  CELESTE! The silver bullets ripped through my skin burning as they lodged themselves in my back.

SMACK! "Shit!" What the hell.  I just cracked my head on what..... Where the hell am I? My eyes swept my surroundings frantically until I feasted them on Celeste curled into a ball next to me.  I calmed my breathing and rested on my elbows as I scanned our accommodations. We were in some kind of cave woven by tree roots and what is that stench. SNIFF. SNIFF.. Is that bear shit? This can't be a bear den, but the smell was definitely prominent around us. I closed my eyes and tuned into the sounds around us listening for any dangers.  Other than the normal inhabitants of the forest, there was no sounds of the coward or his men.  We must be too far from the my people because I couldn't mindlink with anyone.  

I tried to recall the events of yesterday wondering where the hell we were.  After Celeste made a run for the tree line, that bastard tried shooting her in the back.  Rotating my shoulder, I was surprised that I didn't feel the stinging burn of the silver bullets that I knew was lodged in my back.  I reached behind my head to touch one of gun shot wound when I heard a ripping sound.  For the first time I looked down to see the constricting piece of clothing I was wearing.  I looked down at the hot pink camisole that I just ripped and my finger roamed down further.  Oh hell no, she didn't.  I moved to my side to get a better look at the offensive matching hot pink panties. I reached in readjusting my boys who was getting suffocated by the constricting material.  However the action of pulling on the panties made something move up ass and I jumped at the uncomfortable sensation of something rubbing against my asshole.  What the fuck! Oh HELL NO!  I desperately tried looking behind me to confirm my worst fears.  I was wearing a thong!

A giggle made me whipped around to see Celeste who obviously thought this was funny. "Oh my god, Colin you should see your face?"  She started laughing and then quickly covered her mouth. 

"It's not funny! I feel violated." I huffed.

"Is it ok for us to talk?"  Celeste whispered.

"Of course, why not?"

"We should be quiet in case they hear us."  Her face was no longer smiling and it was replaced by fear.  Damn, what she had went through to get me in here?  How the hell did she get me in here?  I reached over pulling her to me, laying back down with her on my chest. 

"Hey it is ok, we are safe right now.  There is no one around." I felt her tense body relax and I kept rubbing soothing circles on her back.  "Tell me how we got here."

"We fell into the river and I literally dragged you in here." Celeste explained.

"Thank you! You saved us both. It couldn't have been easy."

"Is Todd dead?" Celeste propped herself up on my chest making eye contact.

"No, he snuck away like the coward he is.  When I saw that wolf chase after you into the woods, I had to make sure you were safe." I brushed a few strands of her hair behind her ear.

"Thank you."

"Celeste, I'm sorry you had to see my wolf.  I know you weren't ready." She placed her fingers on my lips to make me stop talking.

"Don't, if you didn't we would be dead." She reassured me, but I was still skeptical.

"But you were frightened."  I still could remember the fear in her eyes after I ripped out that wolf's throat.  

"I wasn't frightened.  At first I was shocked at the violence, but I knew I was safe.  Your wolf made me feel safe.  I couldn't bear to watch you turn back, because it seems so painful." I smiled at her touching words. I was elated that she accepted not only myself but also my wolf.

"It's not painful anymore.  The first few times we shift is painful because our body is not use to the change, but the more you shift the less painful it gets."

"Colin, did you kill his mate?" Her next question caught me by surprise.

"No, in fact I have no idea what he was talking about?" That was the truth.  That man was delusion if he thought I killed his mate.  I couldn't remember the last time I even killed a she wolf in self defense. "Now I have a couple of questions."

"Ok."

"Why the hell do I smell bear shit everywhere?" Celeste body erupted in small convulsions and I realized she was laughing.

"You don't want to know.  I had to cover our scent." She smiled.

"Wow, I have one smart Luna.  The bullets?"

"Ummm, yea that was a challenge.  I dug them out." Celeste scooted off of me putting her hand on my shoulder pushing it to expose my back.  I turned on my side to allow her full access and felt her fingertips brush softly on the wounds.  The feeling caused my inner wolf to purr and get a little too excited by her touch.  My manhood grew just by the mere interaction.  I reached down to rearranged myself without drawing her attention to my situation.  This was definitely not the time nor the place for that.  I needed to get us home safely. 

"Does it hurt?" Hell yeah, my junk hurts. Her fingers moved over my back again.  Oh she was talking about the bullets not my raging hardon. Think unsexy thoughts. Think unsexy thoughts... Football..mm..Brussel sprouts.. Brussel sprouts..

I refocused on Celeste, "No, a little sore.  I'm glad you got the bullets out, or else it would have taken me longer to heal." I didn't have a lot of room to maneuver, I half sat up and ripped the pink material over my  head.

"What are you doing?" I caught Celeste ogling my bare chest.  I needed to get out of here before I changed mind.

"I'm going to scout the area to see exactly where we are."  I moved towards the opening that Celeste had blocked by broken tree branches.  I felt her small hand holding onto my arm to prevent me leaving her. I turned back around cupping her cheek. "Don't worry I will be right back." I leaned over giving her a small peck on the lips and resume my exit.

"Hey Colin?"

"Yes?"

"You butt looks great in a thong!" Celeste started giggling again.  I flashed her a warning showing my displeasure at her teasing.

"If you ever tell anyone about this...." I grumbled.

"You'll what?" Celeste teased.

"You don't want to find out!" I exited our wooden cave quickly taking off the thong.  I don't see how women can walk around with a piece of string up their ass!  I threw the thong back into the cave with Celeste and I grinned at her laughter.  I will never get tired of hearing her laugh.  I covered up the opening with the branches and scanned the area.  I walked away from the tree and shifted into my wolf to scout.

My priority was to figure out where we were and how to get Celeste back safely to my territory.

((((( A/N ))))))

Hey guys, I loved reading your comments they were hilarious.  Also glad to hear we have a lot of brave souls out there willing to do what it takes to save their man!! As always I love reading your comments and don't forget to vote.  I swear it makes me write even faster, because you all love the story so much! I'm so glad!

Nicci