Chapter 28

"Why did he do it? Is he a crazed pervert?" My hands fisted Sean's t-shirt resting my forehead on his chest.

"No, Celeste. You don't understand." Sighing he pulled me away so he could look at me.

"He had a file on me! What is there to understand!" Shaking my head in denial. Was Sean taking his side?

"There's more to this than him running a background check on you." Sean insisted.

"Why are you suddenly taking up for him?" How could he take up for Colin. He lied to me! Had me and my family investigated!

"It's not that, you don't have all of the information."

"And you do? You know what is going on around here?" He quickly turned his head away from me admitting his guilt without saying a word. "Answer me Sean."

"Have you noticed anything strange going on around here?"

"Strange? You mean like super healing, Jedi mind tricks.... You mean strange like that? What is this place?" Am I really going to find out what they're hiding from me? I know it has something to do with the military.

"Celeste there is no easy way to tell you."

"Just freaking tell me!" I screamed with frustration.

"You walked into a den of werewolves." Werewolves? Did he just said werewolves. Hell no I must've misheard him! I jumped up from the bench.

I laughed, "You are insane. What the hell are you talking about?"

"Werewolves, everyone here are werewolves." Sean rose slowly up from the bench.

"Stop saying that. This is some sick joke!" This had to be a dream. A freaking nightmare! I pinched my arm to make sure I was awake. "Ow!" Nope not a dream I'm fully awake. Sean reached out for my arm in concern and I moved away out of his reach.

"I'm not joking. Celeste I'm serious." Neither one of us said a word ad I let his words soak in. My head started pounding at the realization that these werewolf people had become my friends. I knew that things were a little off but there is no way they could have hid that they were living, breathing monsters.

"No that's not true. You must've drank some crazy juice. Werewolves are make believe."

"Werewolves are real."

"You mean everyone here are werewolves, even the children?"

"Yes everyone, the children can't shift into a werewolf until they are eleven or twelve." I rubbed my temples with my fingers hoping to stop the pounding against my skull.

"So you are telling me that I am the only human living in a house full of werewolves?" He nodded. "Why? Why me? Are you trying to tell me that I'm a werewolf, because there is no way in hell I'm one!"

"No Celeste you are not a werewolf."

"Then why would they let a human live among them. Especially a clueless one?" It doesn't make sense. They could've sent me off to the city once I got here. Why let me stay at their house?

"You are important to them."

"Why? Tell me!"

"Because you are their Luna."

"Luna?" I remember some of the people calling me that, but Colin said it meant nothing. "No, Colin said that word meant nothing."

"It means everything." Surprise, surprise Colin lied again. Did anything that came out of his mouth have any truth in it or were they all lies.

"What does it mean?"

"You are the head female of the pack."

"I don't understand. How can I be the head of anyone when I don't even know they exist?"

"Because your mate is their alpha."

"Mate?"

"Mate is like soulmate, eternal spouse."

"Alpha? You mean the one in charge?"

My mind settle to the one that everyone respected as their leader. "Colin." I knew the answer without needing any confirmation from Sean. "I'm Colin's mate. How do you know that for sure?"

"Because he told everyone you are."

"And so you believe him? He could be lying! Wait, how do you know some much? Why would they tell you and not me."

Sean shuffled a little closer to me holding my hands and taking in a deep breath. "Because I'm a werewolf too." The last bit of sanity came crashing down with his revelation. I jerked my hands out of his.

"No-no, How could you? Why didn't you tell me."

"We tried, but you weren't ready."

"We?" The betrayal was never ending. Everything I thought I knew and most of the people I had come to trust were all a lie.

"Me and Tammy."

"Tammy? She was one too?" It was too much too fast. I bolted from the stage.

"Celeste." Sean called to me.

"Leave me alone. I need to be by myself!"

I ran.