Chapter 27

I was drying my hair when I heard a knock on my door.  Vicki blew passed me hardly containing her smile as she plopped on the couch.

"You have to see this." Holding out her phone to me. "Push play."

Her screen came alive with the guys in the kitchen trying to prepare us breakfast.  Both looked frustrated but Dylan was the worse.  He was covered in flour and furiously beating the pancake batter to death in the bowl.  Colin was faring a little better trying to flip my french toast  that was literally floating in grease.  I grimace at the thought of eating that.

"I wish I gotten there earlier to see when Dylan stuck the electric beater in the pancake mix.  He had it on high speed and it exploded all over him!" Vicki collapsed on the couch in fits of laughter.  Well that explains why Dylan looked like the abominable snowman.

"Ugh, I don't think we thought this bet through.  We have to eat what they cook.  And what I've seen so far doesn't look appetizing." I groaned.

"You're right the next task we give them will not included cooking!" Vicki agreed. "You're friend, Sean seems interesting." 

"So you think Colin is right in not trusting him."

"I think the reasons may be slightly different.  I won't say that I don't trust him, but I don't know him.  I will say his timing is a bit suspicious."

"If I tell you that I trust him, isn't that enough."

"If you trust him, then I will too."

The door swung open banging against the wall showcasing two men dressed in tuxedos with trays in their hands.  "Breakfast is served." Colin called out slightly bowing at us. Dylan did bowed reluctantly after a quick kick from Colin mumbling under his breath. I sat down by Vicki as they put the trays on the coffee table in fronts of us.  I looked at my tray of food will a little apprehension.  The french toast looked burnt and doughy, the scrambled eggs were darken with flecks of black throughout the dark yellow concoction.  The only think that looked pretty decent was the three slices of bacon. My eyes slowly traveled from the tray to Colin's expecting ones.  His face was stoic waiting for my reaction.  

"It looks edible." I smiled which he returned.  I glanced over to see Vicki tray and was thankful that Colin cooked my breakfast.  Her pancakes were burnt and her sausage under-cooked.  To top it all off there was a liquidity yellow and white slop that I think was a sunny side up egg.  Dylan was smiling proudly at his dish and was urging Vicki to take a bite.  I decided to watch Vicki first before I sample my food. Vickie looked at me with panic in her eyes and I gave her a slight nod of encouragement.  Thank god I don't have to eat that. Vicki pour syrup on her pancake and then tried cutting a piece off with her fork to no avail.  She then got her knife and sawed through the pancake and painstakingly brought the piece to her mouth.  When she bit down on it, I could swear that I heard a crunch! Ewwww! She flushed the bits down with her orange juice and looked lovingly at her husband.

"Baby that was delicious." Dylan beamed with pride bending over her plate planting a kiss on her lips.  Vicki turned to me gesturing it was my turn to take a bite. I took a deep breath, here goes nothing.

I took the syrup and drowned the french toast hoping to mask the burnt taste.  I brought the first bite to my mouth and chewed the raw gooey bread and a strong blast of egg overwhelm my senses. I swallowed the offensive piece quickly picking up a strip of the delectable bacon.  I shoved the bacon into my mouth waiting for the rewarding taste only to be met by a tooth cracking crunch. I couldn't mask my distaste for the meal that Colin made, my face screwed up in a disgusting frown.  I gulped down the orange juice to wash away the offense taste and debris of food.