Chapter 43

We sped down the river putting more distance between us and Todd. I finally felt relieved as we moved further and further out of Todd's reach.  I was snuggled into Colin's side sitting near the back of boat.

"I'm not sure about this?" Stanley expressed his concerns about Colin's plan.

"Don't worry, I trust Lewis. I have known him since I moved out here and took on the Raven Pack." Colin reassured. The thought of going to a pack for help made the rogues a little on edge.

"Well I don't trust any alpha or pack wolves." Stanley reinstated.

"You are going to have start trusting somebody. You have a family to think about." Colin challenged.

"I know that! I don't have a good track record with packs." Stanley grumbled.

"Well you have one now with me. Trust me, I will get us back to my pack." Colin insisted.

"We're here." Chris announced. He slowed the boat down moving it towards the docks where there were already several men stationed.

"I want everyone to stay on the boat. I will talk to their alpha." Colin instructed. 

The male rogues looked skeptically at the men on the docks. Lily's arms visibly tightened around Davy pulling him closer into her in a protective manner. "I don't like this." Stanley mumbled under his breath.

"Hey I'm Alpha Wright.  I'm here to see your alpha."  Colin was in authoritative mode, demanding respect from the men giving us hostile stares. "These people are under my protection."

"Alpha Lewis is on his way.  You can get off the boat, but the others need to stay on." One of the men stepped forward giving us instructions.  Colin climbed up the ladder to the deck standing face to face with the man who responded.  Colin was considerably bigger than him, but the guy was as muscular. "Follow me."

Colin glanced back and looked at me one last time before he disappeared down the dock into a building.  The remaining men on the dock remained motionless shooting us all hostile stares.  They were making me feel uncomfortable and I hated the feeling they were giving us. Chris and Stanley were situated in the front of the boat returning disgusted looks of their own.

"Why do they keep staring at us like we are criminals?" I whispered to Lily.

"Because to them we are.  We are rogues." Ben answered who was seated behind us. 

"Do they think that about all rogues? It is ridiculous to lump everyone in one category.  I'm sure their are bad rogues, just as there are good rogues."  It surprised me that even with these species, prejudices exists.

"They kill first, ask questions later.  They don't take the time to find out our names before they attack us."  Ben informed.  

Suddenly their was movement on the docks as soon as someone came barging out of the building barking out orders.

"Get his Luna off that boat, now!" It took me a second to realize he was referring to me and before I knew it hands were reaching down and pulling me out my of the boat.  I looked desperately over my shoulders at the others left on the boat.  But was only able to see their faces for a second before being swallowed up by the men that were leading me towards the building. "I apologize, for the rudeness of my men!"

My eyes focused on the speaker, he appeared to be in his thirties, handsome with light brown hair and matching eyes.  He handed out his hand as I got closer.  "My name is Rick Lewis, welcome to Silver Creek."

"Hi, you must be the alpha, Colin mentioned.  Thank you so much for taking us in. Where's Colin?"  I put my hand in his and he gave it a light squeeze before letting it go. He gestured for me to enter the building first that was being held open by one of his men.