Chapter 10

Lunch was pretty much a repeat of breakfast. I had talked Natalie into giving me a tour of the main building instead of the complex. The building was divided into two wings, east and west. The common areas were situated in the middle that consisted of kitchen, dining hall, kitchen,and living rooms (yes rooms!) three to be exact each equipped with big screen tv's, stereo system, and plenty of seating. There was also a game room, four bathrooms, ballroom, and a library. I just found heaven in the library it was covered with books of all types and there was actually someone in there to help you locate books.

I learned that I was staying in the west wing with most of the single people and couples stayed. The east wing was made for people with families. Each wing had three floors and Natalie told me there was a fourth floor but not many people went up there. It was sorta like the attic that held storage.

"So can you tell me something, Natalie?"

"Sure."

"Why have a couple of people called me Luna?"

"L..l..l..luna?"

"Yes, why?"

"I..I'm not sure?" she tried to shrug it off but the look of fear was evident on her face.

"You know that I don't believe you. In fact I think you know what it means. So how about you tell me. I promise I won't tell anyone that you told me. It will be our little secret."

"Celeste, I .."

Screams echoed through the halls as the front door was thrown open. People rushed passed us flying into the house from the main lawn. Natalie left my side and dashed outside. I wasted no time and followed suit and was astonished at what I was seeing. Cars were everywhere and people were covered with blood and screaming. Oh my god had I stepped in the middle of a war zone? I jumped out of the way as I was jostled by someone carrying a gurney out of the house. Natalie ran down the stairs searching for her brother. I watched as she threw her arms around him, good he was ok. I scanned the crowd of injured people for Vicki but couldn't find her. I went down and grabbed one of the guys dressed in black who didn't seemed hurt.

"Where's Vicki? Did you get Colin?"

"Yes we got him. They haven't arrived yet."

A part of me was instantly relieved. I was glad that they were able to get to Colin in time. I watched as the injured walked or was carried into the house. I was curious and followed them because I'm sure wherever they were going was not part of the house tour I just received. Of course I was right. Behind the spiral staircase was a door that they entered. There was a was a set of stairs that led downward turning the corner was you guessed it a medical ward. It was set up like an emergency room with about twenty beds and machines next to them. Doctors and nurses flitted around the wounded putting them in beds and hooking them up to the machines. This was definitely not an ordinary place to live.

"Excuse me but you shouldn't be down here." an elderly woman in blue scrubs ushered me back to the stairs. I wasn't able to look around because there were doors and hallways that were down there too. I climbed up the stairs trying to figure out what this place is.

I emerged back onto the main hall when I heard more cars pulling up. The main door still opened I stood atop the stairs as more car came careening down the driveway. More men jumped out of the cars running to one of the cars. There I watched as Vicki jumped out of the car running to the vehicle behind hers. I raced down the steps weaving my way to Vicki. I finally reached her and she was sobbing as a couple of men held her back.

"Vicki!" her name hurtled out of my mouth. My heart ached for her as I reached for her. "Where's Dylan?" My question caused a sorrowful sound to rip through her throat. Suddenly her arms wrapped around me as clung to me desperately. Her body convulsed with sobs and I rubbed soothing circles around her back telling her it was going to be ok. I looked over her shoulder at one of the men that had been holding her back and all I saw was sadness.

"I can't feel him anymore, Celeste. Oh my god.. He was trying to protect me. It's all my fault!" Vicki words came out through her bouts of crying.

"Where is he Vicki?"

"He's.. he's.." another car came screeching to a halt. Vicki bolted out of my arms running to the car. Vicki screamed at men to move out of her way. There I saw Dylan pale and laid out on the seat. The medical staff came over with a gurney placing Dylan onto it. Vicki stuck to his side holding on his hand as they rushed towards the house and was swallowed up. My attention was brought back to the vehicle as I saw another man being placed on the gurney swarmed by security guards. As they passed by me, I was able to catch a glimpse of the unconscious man. He was also paled with a head full of black wavy hair. Even with a brief view of his face, it was etched into my mind. I knew exactly who he was. It was Colin.