Chapter 38

If felt so good to be in his arms again. The kiss soon started to heat up. Neither one of us wanting to part from each other. My arms circled around his neck pulling him closer, as my tongue traced his bottom lip latching on and pulling it into my mouth. Mmmm, he lips were so soft as I sucked, he tasted like peppermint. Colin's hands moved down my sides landing on my lower back, then moving under my shirt. His callous fingers applying the right amount of pressure to cause the tingles to shoot tendrils of pleasure throughout my body. I was being assault with an overload of sensations as his hands moved over my skin and his tongue twirled with mine. Everything he did was addictive and I wanted more. Colin was fast becoming my drug.

"Awww, isn't this sweet. Sorry, I had to interrupt the reunion of mates." Todd voice infiltrated the sensual haze Colin had put me in. At the first sound of his voice, Colin ripped his lips from mine and immediately place me behind him as he faced Todd and his guys.

Todd stood in front of us with a slight grin on his face that showed he was far from sorry. He was still dressed in his sheriff uniform, while the four other guys he had with him were dressed in regular street clothes. Damn, they made these werewolf men huge. All of them intimidating and as big as professional wrestlers and not the fat kind. The kind that was made up of pure muscles standing over six feet five. I was surrounded by men who could be walking candidates for a steroids commercial. Wait hold up, did Todd just say that we were mates? Then that means.

"You knew this whole time that you were not my mate?" I screeched at Todd stepping around Colin so that I look into that asshole's eyes. Colin raised his arm so that I couldn't step in front of him and I held on but stayed partially visible to Todd.

Todd short laugh, "Of course sweetheart, I knew. But I was still going to make you my mate. You are a fine piece of ass, it wasn't going to be difficult to put up with, even if you are human."

I felt the muscles in Colin's arm tighten but he remained quiet. "Why?! Why did you take me, if I wasn't even your mate?"

Todd's eyes roamed away from me and landed on Colin. "To make his life a living hell, like he has made mine. I wanted to take away his mate just as he had taken away mine. I had almost succeeded, but you chose him instead. I would have made you happy, Celeste. Now it is out of my hands and I will have to kill you."

"What the hell are you talking about. I didn't kill your mate you're not making any sense." Colin

growled at Todd. "And you will not be killing nobody! Over my dead fucking body will you touch my mate."

"That can be arranged. You know I am done playing with my little toy, torturing you was so much fun." Todd's maniacal laugh ringed in our ears. Gone was the charismatic persona. It was replaced by cruelness that I witnessed in his office earlier before Sean's interruption.

Colin forced me behind his back. Now I couldn't see what was going on in front of me, but I literally felt the anger ripple through Colin. A part of me was scared as I felt his body pulsate underneath my fingers. "That was you? You son of a bitch! I will enjoy ripping your heart out!" Colin's voice sent chills down to my toes.

"You are not in a position to threaten me. I am holding all the cards right now. You will be too busy trying to protect your little mate. Let's see how that works out for you."

I heard the cocking of a gun and my hands tighten around Collins biceps. My hands were pricked by little needles that popped out of Colin's arm. I immediately let go of his biceps and looked down in awe as the prickly needles exploded from every pore on Colin's exposed skin. Oh my god, he was going to turn beastie in front of me! I couldn't tear my eyes away as I watched mesmerized by what was happening in front of me. I took a step back so that I could take everything in. Long talon like nails elongated from his fingertips and he became slightly hunched over as his shoulders widened. I heard popping and cracking sounds coming from Colin. He maintain his protective stance in front of me never taking his eyes off of the threat in front of us, allowing me a view of Todd and his men.