chapter 49

I snuggled down further in the comfy blanket. I felt rested and I wasn't ready to emerge from my warm cocoon. Something lightly brushed the back of neck causing my stomach to flutter.

“Celeste it's time to get up” Colin’s deep tones vibrate throughout me.  His warm breath tickled the back of my neck causing me to shudder.

“I'm not ready, 5 more minutes.” My answered muffled by the pillow.

“I can't be responsible for my actions if you don't get up.” His hand moved down my side molding my curves before landing on my butt and giving it a squeeze.

Well Damn that woke me. I shot up in the bed, “Okay I'm up. Wait how did I get here?”

“You fell asleep in the tub.” Colin lips turned into a grin and he seemed to space out for a second.

“Let me guess you dress me.” I could tell by the expression on his face that he enjoyed the peep show.

“I had no choice. Plus I enjoyed taking care of you. Now get up I’m getting a headache from everyone screaming in my head wanting to see you.”  Unlike me, still clothed in my pajamas, Colin was fully dressed in jeans and a shirt.

I swung my legs over the side of the bed, sighing I really wanted to sleep a little longer.

“Celeste, everyone is in the dining hall. Eat something and then come to my office when you’re done.” Colin walked to the door pausing with his hand on the door knob.  “I love you.” His words made me speechless and he stared at me for a few seconds before he left.

I knew I should have told him how I felt.  My doubts and questions that suffocated me last night coming back to strangle my voice preventing me to respond to him.  I padded over to the closet, looking at my clothes hanging next to his. Pushing my doubts away, I dressed quickly.  I was starving and I really wanted to set my eyes on a few familiar faces.

The noises were low as I neared the dining hall and I stopped at the entrance taking in the people in front of me. It seemed like all the people who lived here was present. Everyone had ceased talking and looking at me expectantly.  I smiled, “Hi.”

Smiling faces greeted me and people rushed forward engulfing me in warm heartfelt hugs. Welcomes and concerns about my health were tossed around me and I reassured everyone that I was alright.

“Luna, we are so glad that you are back with us.” An older woman expressed her feelings that were echoed from the others.  My friends, Natalie, Alex, Missy, and Julie emerge from the group with apologetic faces.

“Celeste, we’re sorry we wanted to tell you about us, but you know..” The girls all nodded their heads in unison.

“Natalie, stop. I know Colin commanded everyone to keep your identity a secret.”

“Do you forgive us?” Missy stepped forward.

“Of course, I’m sorry too about putting you all in danger.” I wanted all those present to know how I felt. 

A woman with curly blonde hair, an older vision of little Janey stood in front of me. “I’m Nora, Robbie and Janey’s mom, you didn’t put us in danger.  We all will do anything to keep you safe.”

“But your son, he shouldn’t have been put in that position. I felt so helpless.” A sob threaten to choke me, remembering what the boys did against Ridley and his men.  My mind flooded with the images of their bodies being dragged and lying lifeless, brought tears to my eyes.

Nora grabbed my hand and another woman stepped forward grabbing my other hand, before they pulled me into their arms.  I murmured sorry over and over.  They hushed me and told me there was nothing to be sorry about.  The other woman pushes me slightly away keeping hold of my hand.