Chapter 25

"Sean, why are you here?" I stared into an old familiar face from my past life in New York. He rushed me engulfing me into his arms. I was still in shock my arms never leaving my sides as I peered at Colin over Sean's hunched shoulders. I didn't have time to analyze the array of emotions I saw, but anger was definitely one of them. Sean broke away from the hug and held me at arms length scanning me from head to toe.

"Are you ok? I heard about your parents?" Sean still was checking me out like I was hurt turning my body slightly side to side. I really didn't want to have this conversation about my parents in front of Colin. I wanted to be the one to tell him.

"Get your hands off of her! You can see for yourself there's not a mark on her!" Colin snarled through his teeth breaking Sean's hold and standing in front of me.

"I will be the judge of that!" Sean flared back stepping closer to Colin. I wanted to stop what ever hostility that was growing between them. I stepped around Colin placing my hand on Sean's chest shoving him away from Colin.

"As you can see Sean, I'm alright. See I'm in one piece. How did you find me here?" Curiosity and my over thinking imagination was in high gear. Ever since I came in contact with Colin and his group, my conspiracy theories were off the charts.

"I came to check up on you in New York and that's when I found out about everything. I'm sooooo sorry, Celeste. If I knew what you were going through I would've been there for you." Sean's voice choked at the end. In that moment, it reminded me of how close we were in college. He was one of my best friends and that was something I desperately needed when my parents died. Just thinking about them made tears come to my eyes and immediately Sean's arm came around me to comfort me.

"I needed you and Tammy." I whispered as silent tears slid down my face that I buried in his chest. Sean and Tammy were the 'it' couple at college. Sean was the star quarterback and Tammy was heavy in school politics and scores of clubs. They were both over achievers and the perfect couple. They were also my best friends. They graduated a year before I did leaving for a world tour before settling down in California. We lost contact after several months all of us sucked into our busy worlds.

"I know and I'm sorry, but I've been through hell myself."

"Why? Where's Tammy?" I wiped my tears away taking a step back staring up into his face.

Sean looked around skeptically before answering. "Can we go somewhere private?"

"No!" Colin answered before I could.

"Colin, it's ok. I know Sean and I vouch for him."

"I don't trust him." Colin's eyes bore into Sean's.

"Look man, I'm not here to step on anyone's toes. I came here looking for my friend to see if she was ok." Sean put his attention back onto me. "Celeste, are you going to stay here or leave with me."

"She's staying." Colin confirmed.

"Colin I can make my own decision." I grinded my teeth knowing that I would be agreeing Colin. "Sean, he's right, I'm staying."

"Are you sure. You don't know these people. Please come back with me?"

"To where exactly?" I asked.

"Wherever you want? New York? Or you can come stay with me in California." I did want to catch up and find out what was going on with Sean. On the other hand, I wasn't ready to leave Colin.

"Everyone here has treated me with nothing but kindness. I'm fine here and I'm staying. You can stay here for a couple of days. If that's alright with you, Colin." I pleaded with him to allow Sean to stay.

"Everyone out! Except you, Celeste." Colin barked out his orders and even Sean left reluctantly.

The door clicked shut and Colin stared at me for a minute.

"Did you two date?"

"Date?"

"Answer the damn question, Celeste."

"We are just friends, Colin. You think we were together? Is that why you are showing so much hostility towards Sean."

"One of the reasons."

"And the other reasons?"

"I don't trust him."

"Why?"

"He's a stranger who popped out of nowhere. After all this time apart he finds you here?"

"It's a coincidence. You heard him, he has been searching for me."

"I don't trust coincidences." He grumbled. I place my hands on his arms that he had across his chest. I caressed his bulging biceps moving across to his hard pecs. Damn they were firm. "Celeste." Colin's voice had lowered an octave and my eyes locked on his luscious lips that had devour me earlier.

I raised my eyes to his smoldering green ones, "Colin." I moaned just thinking about happened between us earlier today made me clench my thighs together. Colin's hands cupped my face before hungrily seeking out my lips. Our deal about being friends were thrown out the window when his lips touched mine. My hands snaked around his waist as my hands seek out familiar territory, his fine ass. I loved squeezing his ass molding us together. Our tongues joined in the heated discovery capturing his tongue and slowly sucking on it like a Popsicle. Colin's hand went up the back of my shirt his thumbs sneaking under my bra rubbing my hard nubs. "Shit you play unfair. I should've known after that bowling game. I want him gone by Tuesday morning."

Stepping away from the man who turned on my inner slut, I did a quick self check to make sure everything was still in place. Hair, check. Clothes, check. Hormones, unchecked! "Colin, I promise Sean is just a friend. He was dating my best friend in college and they both left New York moving to California. He's no threat."

"I am only doing this for you. I still don't trust him."

"Fair enough."

"Go on and tell him he can stay til Tuesday."

"Colin?" he had already made his way around to sit at his chair behind his desk.

"Yes."

"Thanks!" I smiled my gratitude. "I have a question since your out of the sick room do you want your room back? I mean I can move into..."

"No you stay. I like having you in my bed." He grinned.

"Pervert." I whispered turning towards the door.

"I heard that!"

"Good!" I slammed the door shut laughing. I came face to face with Sean, Vickie and a couple of guards.

"What's the verdict?" Sean asked smiling like he already knew the answer.

"You can stay until Tuesday."

"Great! Are you going to give me the grand tour." Colin's words ringed in my head 'I don't trust him' putting me on alert. I hate to think that someone that I came to love and rely on could be untrustworthy. Colin was just being overly cautious. I wasn't going to let his negativity slant my perception of my best friend.

"I will show what I know." I turned to Vickie. "Where do guest stay?"

"There is a small cottage near the lake. Do you remember it?"

"Yes, I think so."

"There will be someone there that will show him to his room."

"Thanks, let's go get your suitcase." I grabbed Sean's hand tugging him along and out of the house towards his car.

"Now that we are alone, where's Tammy?" Sean's shoulder slump and turned away from me reaching into his trunk for his bag. He slammed the trunk closed with unnecessary force.

Sean turned back towards me, his face had hardened as he looked out into the distance. He dragged his normally light brown eyes down to me the color made me take a step back out of instinct. His eyes had turned into an eerily solid black color void of emotion. "She's dead."

______A/N

Don't forget to vote/comment.