Chapter 46 Part 2

Chapter 46 Part 2

Ridley stalked through the dense trees, the only sounds coming from the crunchy leaves that littered the ground and the occasional grunts I made from the impact of each step.  The ride over his shoulder was bumpy as his shoulder blade pokes my stomach. The blood was rushing to my head and I shut my eyes to stop the dizzy spells. 

Ridley came to a stop and sniffed the air as he slowly turned in a circle. I was airborne before the hard ground rushed up to meet me.  I landed on my butt shooting my arms out to avoid head collision. I rolled quickly stood up eyeing Ridley warily. 

“Don’t even think about running.  I will catch you.” He grunted while pulling out a long silver blade from his gun belt. 

“Listen, just let me go.  You don’t have to turn me over to Todd.  You don’t have to follow his orders.  You know he is crazy.” I pathetically tried to reason with Ridley.  It was worth a shot.

“Crazy?” He smirked and I watched as pulled out a small vial from his pocket.

“Yes, he is crazy.  He thinks Colin killed his mate.  Colin told him that he had nothing to do with it.  He is obsessed with the idea that Colin is her killer.” Ridley paused from unscrewing the top from the bottle, gazing at me for a moment and laughed.  What the hell was so funny?

“I know.  I told him we should’ve killed that pathetic alpha when we had a chance.  If he had listened to me then, we wouldn’t be here now.” Ridley resumes his action pouring the contents from the bottle onto his knife.

“You told Todd to kill Colin?”

“Yeah, when you were upstairs living like a shut-in, I was having one-on-one quality time with your mate.  Of course at the time I had no clue you were his mate.”

“But you were just following orders of your leader or alpha.  I know that now.  You had no choice, right? Todd gave you one of those commands.  But listen you don’t have to do this.  Just let me go, and tell him I got away or dead.  I don’t know, make up something. Please let me go?”

“Shut up!” Ridley was turning the knife over and over in his hand and my eyes stayed glued to its every movement. “Dumb bitch, no one gives me orders! Especially Liefton, I don’t care if he is my alpha.  I have been yanking his chains for years and finally I will be on top!”

“What are you talking about?”

“Why sweetheart, you haven’t figured it out yet? I know your mate didn’t kill Sarah, because I did!”

“N-no, why?” Realization that Ridley was not a flunky but actually the sick person that was behind all of this death. We all were victims to Ridley’s obsession of power.

“Liefton didn’t have the balls to be our alpha.  When he found his mate, he became weak.  I was going to get rid of him, but his nosy mate overheard.  I couldn’t have her ruin my plans! Hell killing her was the best thing that happened to our pack; we finally had an alpha that was ruthless and willing to do whatever it takes to protect us.  We were no longer pushovers, rogues thought twice before attacking us. But he couldn’t let go, he had to find the person who killed Sarah.  So when your careless mate strolled into our town I did what was needed.”

“But Todd wasn’t satisfied was he?” I listened to his twisted revelation, edging myself further away from him.

“Hell no, especially when you came into the picture, Liefton wanted a mate. For a second he actually convinced himself that you could be his second mate.  There was no way I was going to allow that!  So I allowed you to escape Vulance.  I knew that I couldn’t kill you on our territory.”

“You let me escape?” I replayed the moment that Sean helped me escape Vulance. To think this whole time that Ridley could’ve prevented me from escaping Todd and probably killing Sean in the process.  For that I was grateful.  Maybe there was still hope that he would let me go.

“Of course, I followed Carson, never trusted him.  I knew he was your friend. I followed him right to your apartment and then let him drive you right out of our territory.  I didn’t let anyone know, when the two of you left.”

“If you let me go before, you can let me go now! You don’t have to kill me!”

“But I do.  Can’t have the boss having second thoughts and make you his mate. My only regret is that I won’t have time to do it right.  This will have to be quick.” He took the knife swiping it in my direction.  I screamed expecting pain I will feel from the knife piercing my body.  None came, only his laughter. He took joy in my fear.

“First things first, I have to look like I tried defending you.”  I watch in horror as he took the blade and ran it across his chest. A slew of curse words poured out of his mouth as blood spurts out of the self inflicted cut.  “Dipped in silver, convincing wouldn’t you say? Your turn.”

Ridley took a closer step towards me and a flash of white fur caught my eye as he jabbed the knife at my neck.  I ducked as the white wolf’s mouth clamped down on Ridley’s arm that was holding the knife.  The wolf swung his head flinging Ridley body away from me.  The white wolf turned on me and growled and I took it as a command to run.  I took off away from the scene running deeper into the woods. 

I stumbled through the forest as the fallen branches and bushes tried latching onto me pulling me down to the ground.  Every time I fell, I jumped back up and kept running aimlessly trying to keep the hysteria at bay. I held my arms out in front of me to block the slapping branches that attack as I plunged through the darken woods.  Visibility was decreasing as the moon dipped behind clouds making my journey that more perilous. I was too afraid to stop running, fearing that if I stop bad things would happen. I was tired of being prey, too weak to fight back.  I was a liability to everyone around me.

I hopped over a tree trunk but underestimated its width.  My foot caught on a piece of the tree sending me crashing to the ground face first. I laid their stunned for a moment, my body ached.  The adrenaline that pumped through me vanished and I had no more fight left in me.  I couldn’t defend myself against werewolves.  It was hopeless and I was going to die in these woods. Silent sobs racked through me.  I couldn’t hold back the tears of defeat any longer.

 I heard howling and growling in the distance, I listened intently slowly sitting up.  It had to be Colin’s men fighting against Todd’s.  I left my self pity on the ground and stood up.  I needed to get to his men, hopefully Colin was there.

((((( A/N ))))))

Ridley killed Todd’s mate? OMG, did anyone guess it? Next chapter finally some Colin! I missed him!

Don’t forget to vote/comment