Chapter 46 Part 1

Chapter 46 Part 1

The knowledge that we were going home was euphoric.  I couldn’t wait to put these last few days behind us.  Home.  I didn’t think I would be saying that again.  But that is what Colin’s place was.  It was home.  I couldn’t wait to be surrounded by the girls that took me into their inner circle like I was a long lost friend.  I really wanted to make sure the boys that protected me at the beginning of this nightmarish journey were fine.  I also missed playing for the kids. 

One good thing that came out of this was my relationship with Colin.  It was made us stronger and it help me come to peace with the man and the beast that he harbored inside.  I knew they would not hurt me.  He was fast growing on me, becoming a part of me.  I wasn’t sure if, I could ever he let him go.  Did I want to let him go?  Could I really be with this man, this werewolf?

I watched as he spoke to the men and parted ways with Rick and his wife, Pamela.  Thanks to Pamela, Todd knew we were in this town and probably searching for us. If I saw her again, it would be too soon.

“Celeste, are you ready?” Colin was walking towards me and I stood from the bench.

“Yes, I can’t wait to get back.” Colin held out his hand which I gladly took and we joined the others as everyone started piling up in cars.  Colin opened the back door for me and I scooted over thinking he was going to sit next me.  He shut the door and moved to the driver side to drive.  Another male got in the passenger seat.

“Try to get some sleep.  By the time you wake up we will be home.” Colin started the car and we joined the others in the line of cars as we left the park behind.  I watched out the window as we zoomed by the busy town until we got to the city limits.  Our cars turned left and I absently watch Rick’s cars head off in the opposite direction.  I leaned my head in the corner of the window and the head rest trying to get comfortable. 

I let the music wash over me, allowing the tunes to whisk me off to the darkness.  The darkness was welcoming and soothing and I let it wrap itself around me. 

+++++++++++

My body was thrown violently into the back of the seats in front me.  I laid in a daze on the floor, jarred from my slumber.

“Celeste are you okay?” Colin twisted in the driver seat peering between the seats anxiously waiting for my words.

“I’m ok. What happened?” I gripped the headrest and pulled myself up rubbing my right knee.  My knee throbbed when it slammed into the floor.

“We were hit by something. The cars in front of us have stopped too. I’m going to see what the hell is going on.  I will be right back.  Phillip will stay. Stay in the car! Lock the doors!” Colin slammed the door shut and I squeezed between the seats locking myself inside.  Phillip stood outside the car leaning against the hood. 

I watched as Colin jogged to the car ahead of us and people started to spill out the cars looking around for damage.  I sunk back into my seat and opened my backpack rummaging through looking for another hair band.  My hair was a wild mess and I needed to tame it back into a ponytail.  I grabbed a brush and ran it vigorously through my hair and pulled it back tightly securing it with the band.

I saw a light colored blur run across the front of the car.  I tried focusing on where it had gone and what the hell it was.  It ran by so fast may it was just my imagination.  Seconds later gunfire went off everywhere.  I cowered on the floor to hide and to make sure I was not going to be a target for a stray bullet.  It seemed the gunfire was coming from the direction Colin had run too.

The jiggling noise of someone trying to open the car door had my heart pumping.  I stared at the back door that I was facing but saw nothing.  The door that was being messed with was the one next to my head.  I was too frightened to see who it was, so I sat froze until the sound stop.  I held my breath and waited the seconds dragged on like minutes.

The car was rocked violently and I slammed my eyes shut covering my mouth with my hands to contained my screams. The car stopped rocking and I cracked open my eyes staring at the vile face of Officer Ridley.  His face cause an automatic terror and I screamed as his lips turned upward into a sickening smile.

He tried opening the door but was unsuccessful and then he stepped aside and a huge wolf came in view its sharp teeth gleaming in the moonlight. The wolf shook his head the force ripping the door off its hinges.

“You are mine now, Celeste.” Ridley voice filled the car my survival instinct finally kicking in.  IMy hands grappled the door handle my body hugging the contours of the door frame. Ridley bend over reaching inside the car his hand turning into suction cups trying to pull me out. 

Now half of his body was in the car and he raked at my legs trying to good a grip.  I kicked frantically at his hands, arms, shoulders, and his head. I fumble overhead trying to find the unlocking mechanism so that I could escape. “Fuck, stay still, you bitch! It’s no use you won’t get away this time!”  Ridley growled his hands digging into my waist and he pulled but I held on the door handle.

He jerked on my body hard as he started moving out of the car my hands slipping. One final yank and he freed me from the last piece of resistance.  He hauled me out of the car and slung me over his shoulder.  I watched in horror at Phillip’s lifeless body laid in a heap his throat ripped out.

“Make sure no one follow us!”  Ridley commanded the wolf that tore the car apart earlier.  Ridley ran into the trees and he didn’t slow down.  The forest swallowed us up whole and thoughts of Colin finding us was diminishing with every step. 

((((A/N))))

Officer Ridley is back! Can't be good for Celeste! Ugh!! Where the heck is Colin?

Enjoy the video... Love the show La Femme Nikita from the 90's.