Chapter 57

Chapter 57

"Spill it now. What is going on? Ah, ah, beforeyou try to stall again I want to remind you that you promised to tell me everything when we got back home. We're home now tell me!" I could read it on Colin's face that he was going to try another stall tactic to delay telling me what happened with the council.

It didn't take a genius to figure out there was an undercurrent at our 'questioning.' Sean's father was trying to rile me up with his rude comments about Colin able to take another mate and if Colin wasn't there I would've went after him damn the consequences.

Once we entered the house I practically screamed at everyone as they started to rush us and told them not to interrupts us until we were finished; I needed a private word with their alpha. I marched us straight to Colin's office with him in tow. I hated to look like a bonafide bitch but traveling almost two days straight without a decent night of sleep made me cranky.

"Celeste I don't know where to start."

"The beginning would be great right after Sean dropped the bomb that my father was a half blooded werewolf."

"I talk to Silas it seems that you are next in line to take the council seat." I was speechless, that was the last thing I expected to hear come out of his mouth. Honestly I wasn't sure what to expect.

"What?! You mean the all male douche bag council? There's no way I want to do that. They tried to kill my father!"

"I know that's why I had to get you out of there. Once I found that out, I wanted you away from there. Sorry babe, that's all my mind was focused on."

I collapsed onto one of the cushioned chair, my mind trying to deal with another set of problems. Colin was in front of me sinking to his knees holding my face gently.

"No one knows but us. My uncle will never say anything and Im sure Sean will keep his mouth shut. We will be okay."

"How can you say that? Secrets always have a way of coming out. How is it possible for me to inherit my grandfather's seat, anyways? I thought only males were on the council? Why haven't they just given the seat to someone else?"

"It doesn't work that way. The seats are always handed down generation by genteration to the first born male. This is the first time a seat has gone vacant."

"They could still give to someone else? There are plenty of wolves I'm sure who want a seat on the council."

"Yes that is true, but not all have the bloodline that is direct descendant from the original wolves. Listen, the council doesn't know your grandfather or father is dead. My uncle told me that they are still looking for them. So unless they find evidence that they are dead, they will keep looking. We will take your true heritage to our graves, no one will ever find out."

"Okay I trust you."

"Good, now we have a wedding plan and I'm giving you two days to make you mine officially. I have already talked to my parents and instead flying home to Washington, they are coming straight here. They should be here in the morning."

"That sounds great."

"Celeste don't worry, They won't touch us. Relax and have fun with all the wedding preparations."

"You right, I'm going to go find the girls." I opened the door and didn't take two steps before people started to rush down the hall towards Colin's office. Dylan and some of the security guys spoke to me in passing as they shuffle into his office shutting the door.

I really didn't want to find the girls; I wanted to be by myself. I head off towards the school to finish putting up posters and working on a bulletin board. I was really going through the motion; I sat down at one of the small tables and cradle my head into my hands. I wanted to scream, to shout, and beg for whoever it was upstairs to stop messing with my life. I don't know if I can handle anymore.