Chapter 58

“You are exquisite.” Colin’s hands pulling me even closer than we already were. We swayed to the music lost in each other arms.

“Why thank you Mr. Wright.” I smiled up at him my arms looped around his neck my fingers dancing in his hair.

“You welcome Mrs. Wright. I can’t wait to get you out of this dress.”

“What are you waiting for?”

“Don’t tempt me woman!” I giggled as he growled in my ear.

“I don’t think the girls will let us leave yet.”

“Well they better hurry the hell up, because we have a wedding night to start.” Colin’s arms tighten around my waist burying his face in my neck.

The sounds of clapping separated us as Vicki’s voice boomed over in the air.

“Now that the couple has had their first dance, we would like the happy couple to come and cut the cake.” Vicki smiled giving us a wink.

“Colin what did you say to Vicki?”

“Nothing.” He looked away avoiding eye contact.

“Colin.”

“Ok I might have suggested that she needs to speed things up a little.”

‘Colin, the other couples were supposed to join us in our first dance.  The song hadn’t even finished.” I couldn’t help but laugh at his obvious attempt to speed up the traditional wedding ceremonial duties.

“I promise no more interference.  But damn you have an hour then I’m taking my bride to the cabin.” The dining room had been turned into our own personal wedding chapel and reception room.  After we exchange our vows the overhead lights were turned off. White Christmas lights hung from the ceiling and intertwined in the flowers arrangements that we were placed on the tables and scattered around the room.

I pulled Colin towards the table that had the four tier wedding cake to commence with the cutting of the cake.  I gave a threatening look at Colin that he better not smashed that cake in my face.  He laughed waving the cake in the air as if he was going to but decided against it as I took a bite.  Colin proceeds to lick a dot of icing off my nose to and posed as our loved one snapped pictures.

“Sorry my man, but I’m taking your lovely bride away for her second official dance as a married woman.” Sean pulled me out of Colin’s arms and whisked me onto the dance floor to join the other guests.

“You look happy.”

“I am Sean, I am elated.  I can’t believe we are actually here and doing this.”

“I had my doubts.”

“You know you are not off the hook.  I’m still a little mad at you for keeping that secret.”

“I know and I will make it you to up.”

“I want to know more.”

“I will be happy to tell you all the juicy details, the good and the bad.”

“You better.”

“May I have this dance?”

Rick stood behind Sean and he graciously stepped aside to allow Rick to take my hand.  “I’m glad you could make it.”

“I wouldn’t have missed it for the world.”

I scanned the room looking for his crazy wife. “Where’s Pamela?”

“Don’t worry she isn’t here.  I wouldn’t have brought her anyways.  Let’s say she if off paying off her pennants.”

“What do you mean?”