Chapter 36

"Sean?" I've never been so happy to see him in my life. He will get me out of this nightmare.

A look of relief flashed over Sean's face before wrapping his arms around me and spinning me around away from Todd. I gasped when I felt his hand grab my butt. It happened so fast I thought I imagined it. I stepped back scrunching my eyebrows at him.

"Thank god you are OK! When they told me you were taken I wasn't sure if it was you." Sean looked over at Todd. Wait, what the hell? Todd and Sean?

"Well it was my backup plan in case you failed." Todd fired back.

"I wasn't going to fail! You needed to give me more time." Sean's arm tightened around me.

"It doesn't matter now, she is here with me where she belongs." Todd took a step towards us and Sean turned placing his body in front of me.

"I want that information we agreed upon."

Todd laughed, "I know you are not here demanding me to turn it over, when you didn't follow through with your side of the deal?"

"Don't play games with me." Sean snarled back. I wanted to know what the hell was going on. I decided to let this play out before saying something.

"Alright I will give you the information I have, then I want you off my territory." Todd agreed. "Celeste, Officer Stanley will take you home. I will come by later so that we can finish our talk." He turned headed back towards his office.

I grabbed onto Sean's wrist, "Sean what the hell is going on?" I asked desperately. He can't leave me here. Sean turned back around and held me tightly. His hand moved down patted my butt again and I stiffened in his arms. He let go and followed Todd down the hall.

The clearing of a throat whipped my attention from Sean and I glanced over to see a young officer waiting by the door. I followed him defeatedly taking slow steps out of the police station to his car. The ride was in total silence. I stared out of the window and thought about Sean's bizarre attitude. It was totally out of character, he was distant and a little to touchy-feely for my taste.

Back inside my apartment, I screamed in frustration. I had to get out of here before Todd paid me a visit. It dawn on me that Sean's intention since he had came to Colin's was to get me back here. But why? Why didn't he tell me about Todd? And why the hell he kept touching my butt. I ran my hand over backside when I felt something. I dove my hand into my back pocket and pulled out a piece of paper. Two words were scrawled on it. Trust Me. Elation filled me up and hope flared again. I was going to get out of here.

I ran to my bedroom with my backpack and shove a couple more clothing items in it. I knew I wouldn't be able to take my belongings with me, so I pulled down the boxes and ripped through for anything I couldn't part with. I was on the floor going through the last box when a hand covered my mouth. I struggled with my attacker bucking my head and kicking my feet. He picked me up and carried me over to my dresser and I stilled my movements once I saw who it was in my mirror. Sean let go of me and placed his finger over his mouth to keep me silent. I watched as he went into my bathroom and turned on the shower. He came back into the bedroom placing his cell phone on the dresser making a couple of swipes on it before music came blaring out of it.

"We don't have much time. Pack a small bag then we are leaving." Sean whispered.

"What the hell is going on?" I knew that Sean was creating a sound barrier with the shower and music, much like Lulu did in the office.

"I'm here to get you back to Colin."

"Sean I'm so confused, you were working with Todd. But now you helping me to escape him and taking me back to Colin?"

"First, I'm not working for anyone, Celeste. You know me better than that. I will explain, but we need to get out of here first!" He shoved my backpack onto my shoulders grabbing my hand and his phone. He turned off the music from his phone but kept the shower running. We exited the apartment heading down the back stairs that lead to the woods behind my building. Sean tugged me along as we weaved our way through the thick underbrush. A clearing was ahead and Sean pointed to a parking lot across the street. We emerged from the woods walking hand in hand to appear normal. A few cars whizzed by us and once it was clear we crossed the street to the parking lot.

Sean opened his back car door and motioned for me to lay down. I laid on the backseat floor as Sean pulled off. He turned on his radio signalling it was ok to talk. "I told you that Tammy was murdered, but I couldn't find out who? I have been tracking down her killer for months. I know he came from my family but I just don't know who."

"Where does Todd fit in?"

"The trail had gone cold. I had told my story to almost every alpha in the U.S, in case he tried to take refugee with a pack."

"Pack?"

"Pack is what we call a werewolf community. Like Vulance is Todd's pack and then you have Colin's pack. I decided that I had done all that I could do, and I needed my best friend. When I got to New York and found out about your parents' death and that you left, I felt horrible. I wasn't there when Tammy needed me the most and I wasn't there when you needed me the most. I changed my focus and track you down to here. Of course Todd had heard about my situation and said that he had information on the killer. He would give me that information only if I bring you back."

"So when you came to Colin's place your intention was to bring me back to Todd?"

"Look Celeste, I know that you are new to the werewolf world. But being someone's mate is life altering and a big part of our way of life. I had sympathy towards Todd losing his mate just as I had lost mine. It was a different story when I got to you and found out that Colin claimed he was your mate too. Then I didn't know who to believe."

"But you were still planning on taking me away from Colin's?"

"Hell yeah! But I wasn't going to bring you back to Todd either. Since I didn't know which one was telling the truth, I was going to take you away from both!"

"So why are you taking me back to Colin?"

"After seeing him when you were taken by Todd's men, I knew the truth. Colin was your true mate. I know what it feels like and looks like when you lose your mate. I felt that from Colin and not Todd." I knew it. I knew that Todd couldn't be my mate. "Celeste tell me right now. Do you want to go Colin or leave all this craziness behind? You are my best friend and although I know the importance of having your mate, you are my priority."

I didn't hesitate, I knew what I wanted. "Take me to Colin."

____A/N

Hey guys, sorry this is a little nugget. Now you know Sean's connection, what do you think about his story? Ok Colin is up next! Yay!!! I miss me some Colin!

Don't forget to vote/comment!