Chapter 13

I gazed down at Colin, memorizing every detail of his face. I feel like such a creeper but I can't help it. Something compels me to reach my hand out and lightly touch his face. My fingertips hover over his forehead outlining his thick black eyebrow. The fine hairs feels like silk. My fingers travels down his strong cheekbones and over the stubble that cover his jawline and chin. I was careful to avoid the breathing tube. I could only imagine what it would feel like to touch his lips. I bend down and place my lips on his cheek and peppered his chin, jaw, nose with light kisses. I rested my forehead against his sighing.

"It's official I am a creeper. So sleeping beauty, I gave you a kiss shouldn't you wake up." I pulled a chair next to the bed and held onto his hand. It was so cold. "Colin, please wake up. Do you know what hell I went through to get you help! I lost my baby. She was a beautiful royal blue camaro. I named her, Sweetie! So you gotta wake up so the death of my Sweetie will not be in vain." The beep on the heart monitor spiked.

My eyes flew to the monitor and I watched as his heartbeat sped up. Colin's hand squeezed mine and I return my attention back to Colin. Green eyes stared at me. "Oh my gosh you're awake!" I loosen my hold onto his hand to go and get the doctor but his hand didn't relinquish mine. I tugged at my hand, "I need to tell the doctors you're awake." He let go and I rushed over to the door and ran out the room in search for the doctors.

I rush down the hall to the common area and grabbed the first person I saw. "Colin he is awake, get the doctors!" Within seconds everything erupted around me as people flew by heading towards Colin's room. I stood there awkwardly for a moment, not sure what my next move should be. Now that Colin was awake I could breathe a little easier. Vicki. I went back up the stairs leaving the basement and walked towards the kitchen. Everyone was talking excitedly about Colin. Tracy came over to me and hugged me.

"Thank god Colin is awake! You are a miracle worker!"

"I didn't do anything. How did you find out so fast? I mean he just woke up a minute ago."

Tracy shrugged, "Great news traveled fast."

"Well I came to get Vicki's food and see if I can get her to eat."

"Sure, Sally fix a plate for Ms. Vicki."

"Tracy have you heard anything about Dylan?"

"Yes, he is responding to the medication. He should wake up soon."

I took the plate that Sally prepared, "Thanks Sally. Thanks Tracy, I'll let Vicki know."

I entered Colin's room putting the plate of food on his desk. Vicki was still curled on the sofa, I walked over to gently shake her awake. "Vicki" she opened her eyes staring at me with confusion.

"Celeste?" She looked around with alarm. "Why am I in Colin's room."

"You were a little upset about Dylan and said you couldn't stay in your room."

"Oh, now I remember. I'm sorry." She looked down at her hands to hide her embarrassment.

"Vicki its ok, don't worry about it. I brought you something to eat." I sat next to her and gave her the plate filled with tonight's feast.

She accepted the plate,"Thanks Celeste. Have you heard anything about Dylan."

"Yes, they say he is going to be ok. He should be waking up soon."

Relief and then happiness radiated from her and she dove into the plate hungrily. I let her eat in peace and went to turn on the tv. The station was still on the Disney channel.

"So you like to watch cartoons." Vicki smiled.

"Ummm, yeah. I'm a kid at heart." I didn't want my time with the kids to be public knowledge. It was still my little secret that I was not ready to share, because I knew it would lead to questions I wasn't ready to answer. I quickly changed the channel to stop at no channel in general.

"Well I'm going down to see Dylan. Thanks for letting me crash here." Vicki carried the plate over to the door.

"No problem, Vicki. If you need anything or just someone to listen, I'm here."

"I'll let you know." She quietly left the room and I plopped back down on the bed and return to the Nickelodeon channel. An episode of Dora was coming on next and I need to make sure I had the tune in my head. My thoughts drifted back to my time with Colin. I wonder how he was doing? If he was talking? My eyes fluttered closed with the image of his glowing green eyes staring into my soul.

---------- Author's Note ----------

Please don't forget to vote and/or leave a comment. A push of a button gives me the encouragement to keep writing!!! Thanks!

Nicci