Chapter 3

My plan of seeming to be helpless was working beautifully.  In fact so good that I have lost all the feelings in my arms and legs.  Hell my whole body was numb which meant I was going into shock. The only thing that was working was my warped mind.  I say warped because I was beginning to forget what things looked like.  

     The darkness became a parasite eating away all my vivid memories.  Memories of vibrant colors of the ocean were becoming a dull blue and the redness of an apple was turning brown.  My perception of color was fading fast.  It had to be a combination of the drugs and darkness that were twisting and contouring my memory cells.  I tried to grasp onto anything.  I had to if I was going to survive.  If I let my mind go then I would be nothing more than a living corpse. My captors had stopped putting needles into my veins to slowed down the dying process.  Now they were forcing pills down me to suppress my blood cells from rejuvenating.

     I was losing my ability to hold onto time.  Time was becoming abstract and the only concrete thing for me to cling onto was my hearing.  I still could hear them talking and movement above my head.  My sense of touch vanished days ago.  Both of my shoulders were dislocated after the many beatings I received.  I tried moving my legs and toes but to no avail.  I continue to hang from the ceiling like a side of beef in a slaughter house, my head being the last body part I had some physical control over.  I constantly switched my head in different positions to keep the blood flowing.  I would switch from letting it roll forward for awhile then letting it rest backwards.  I would throw in a couple of side turns for more circulation. My head was in the backward position when my body swung violently to the side. Shit! I didn't hear them come in. I must be worse off than I thought. I didn't even feel that punch.  I kept my head down not giving them any  indication that the hit affected me. A low growl sounded off to my left.  Damn. I guess they were going to kick it up to another level.