Chapter 7

I snuggled deeper into my warm cocoon for once in a long time feeling safe and complete. I sighed pulling the comforter over my head and then froze. My eyes popped open when I realized that I wasn't in my bed.  Don't get me wrong my bed was really comfortable and I loved it. But this bed felt like I was floating on a cloud.  Then everything came crashing back to me. Colin, Dylan, and the police chase.

I sat straight up in the bed in a panic taking in my surroundings. The room was in complete darkness and it took a second before my eyes adjusted.  I scanned to the side and saw a clock on the nightstand, 4:00. Was it morning or afternoon? Did I really sleep all day and through the night.  I reached over and felt around for the switch on the lamp and clicked the button.  The room was illuminated in a warm yellow glow.  I was definitely in a man's room.  Taking in the black furniture,the 52 inch tv  mounted on the wall across from the bed, two laptops on a desk, a small couch, french doors that lead out onto a balcony and three other closed doors.  I assumed that the doors led to the bathroom, closet, and an exit. Was I being held captive?  "Hello?" I whispered and  waited for a response. I tried again, but louder, "hello?" Silence greeted me.

Well if I'm being held captive, it's time to find out. First I wanted to do a little investigation in the room I was in. I crept out of the bed and tiptoed to the french doors.  I peeked through the window blinds and was taken aback by the brightness of the sun.  That answers one of my questions, it was four o'clock in the afternoon. I put my hands on hips and pivoted around on the plush carpet. Wait I was only wearing a tshirt, I sniffed it and realized it held the same cologne smell that claimed this room. So whoever was the owner of this room I was wearing his clothes.

I walked over to one of the doors and peered in to a huge bathroom that was done in black and grey tiles.  The bathroom was gorgeous and modern and utterly male.

 I walked over to the final door taking a deep breath and twisted the knob. The door opened freely to my amazement.   I nearly pissed on myself staring at a pair of huge black eyes.

“I-I’m sorry I scared you.  I was sent up to see if you were awake.” The young girl nervously shifted on her feet bowing her head.

“Hey it’s okay.  I just got up. Where am I?” I poked my head out of the door looking side to side.  Empty. No one in sight.

“The pack house.” The quiet voice drew my attention back to my young girl.  She couldn't be no more than twelve and shorter than me.  That's pretty short.

“Pack house?”  what a weird name for a house.

“I came to get you for lunch.”

I stepped out into the hallway and the girl scuttled backward out of my way.  She acted like a scared bunny her eyes glued to the floor.  Her face jerked upward and crinkled as she sniffed the air for something that smelled offensive.  Her face turned towards me leaning in taking another sniff, “What is that smell?”

I search around me seeing if the odor was coming from behind but her eyes were glued to me.  I lifted a strand of my hair and could smell the foul odor from the lake infused in the strands.  I was the culprit. Ugh I needed a shower.

“Maybe I should take a shower first before I come down.”

She vigorously nodded her head and gave me directions for the dining room and scampered away. I stepped back into the room shutting the door and headed for the bathroom. I stripped off the tshirt and took a quick shower and washed my hair in the shampoo that was available. I wrapped myself in one of the thick, white towels I found in a linen closet inside of the bathroom.  I search drawer after drawer and but was unsuccessful.  I rubbed the steam off the mirror and quickly twisted my wet hair back into a bun. Clothes was next on my agenda.  I entered the walk-in closet and rummaged through the drawers until I found a suitable pair of boxers, sweatpants with drawstring to hold them up, and a tshirt.  Once that was accomplished I located a pair of slide-ins athletic shoes that had to be at least twice the size of my feet.