Chapter 12

I was determined to see Colin. I marched towards the main staircase where I a crowd of whispering people hovered around the entrance of the clinic. They were gathered around consoling one another. My steps faltered and my confidence started to seep away. What was my plan? Demand to see Colin? What right did I have. After all I was a stranger. Should I just ask if I could see him? Would that get me anywhere. I slowed my pace racking my brain for a way to see Colin. I needed to see him. I had to see him. If only I had one more glimpse before he..before he.. No, I won't think like that. He will make it. I came to a stop several feet away and took a deep breathe. Really what the hell was I thinking. I had no right here. I sighed turning around to head back to the kitchen.

"Celeste, wait!" I turned bacj to see a young man dressed in scrubs. "The doctors want to see you."

"Me? Why?"

"Not sure, just following orders." he shrugged his shoulders heading back to the staircase. I followed closely behind keeping my eyes focused on his back trying not to draw attention to myself. I still felt out of place. I followed him down a couple of hallways and we stopped in front of a door. Nerves twisted in my stomach and the man motioned me to enter. I opened the door to see two men, doctors, talking and looking over their patient. Colin. He looked helpless with a breathing tube inserted in his mouth and multiple wires attached to various parts of his body. The sounds of beeping and humming noise coming from the machines were deafening. My eyes watered as I looked at him dying. If only I had found him earlier.

"Celeste." I blinked and tore my eyes away from Colin towards one of the doctors. "I'm Dr. Trent and this is Dr. Pluveil." my eyes skimmed the two older men as they both looked at me like I had the answers.

Dr. Pluveil, shorter of the two, cleared his throat. "We were just discussing you."

"You were? Why?"

"We need your help with Colin." my eyes swung to Dr. Trent.

"My help? What could I possibly do, I'm not a doctor."

"Well it's a theory of mine. It's all we have left. There's not much we can do for Colin."

"So it's true, Colin's dying?"

"Yes." They both responded.

"What do want me to do."

"Talk to him."

"What, are you serious? Talk to him what will that do?" Are they for real or are they quacks?

"He's in a coma, and it's been documented that some coma patients can hear people, especially their loved ones when they talked to them. They say that their loved one voice is what lead them out of the darkness."

"Yeah but I'm not a loved one. We don't even know each other." Ok, its official they're quacks!

"We are hoping that with the connection you two made when he was being tortured was really strong. It brought him out of there, so we are hoping the same will apply here."

I moved closer to the side of the bed. Dr. Trent joined Dr. Pluveil on the other side of the bed. I leaned over not sure what I was going to say. "Colin, can you hear me?" My eyes jerked up to the doctor to get their reaction and they shook their head. Their eyes were glued to a machine and that's when I realized that they were watching his heart monitor. It seemed that his heart was beating at a very slow rate and slowing down further. The two started nodding their heads and one of the turned back towards to me.

"Celeste hold his hand and talk to him at the same time."

I gently slid my hand under his careful not to knock his IV that was protruding out of the top of his hand. Upon first contact his hand was ice cold and I shuddered at the thought that it might be too late to save him. I felt a warm sensation that generated from his hand as I rubbed my hand under his. I closed my eyes and took a second to enjoy the warming sensation traveling through my body. "Colin, do you feel that?" I whispered in his ear. I inhaled a delicious smell that radiated off his body through the over powering smell of antiseptic. I was determine to make out the smell as it drew me in my lips lightly touching his face below his ear. The instant my lips touch his ear something moved in me at the same time the doctors were yelling excitedly over the monitor.

"I knew it would work. Celeste whatever you are doing its working." Dr. Trent exclaimed.

I quickly sat back before they caught me kissing Colin's ear. I looked over at the monitor and sure enough his heartbeat had spiked. What the hell was that? Whatever it was I wanted to do it again but not with the doctors in the room. Maybe it was just some freak incident. I mean a kiss shouldn't make my whole body hum with.. What was the word I was looking for. Need. Yeah that's it.

"Celeste we can monitor him from the office. So we will leave you alone. Please continue to talk to him and don't forget to have some physical contact with him also." They both left the room quietly and I returned my attention back to Colin.

Ok now what should I do? Maybe I should treat this like sleeping beauty. Colin was sleeping beauty and I will wake him up with a kiss. I stood up and locked the door, because how embarrassing would it be if someone walked in on me kissing Colin.