Vol.2 part 5: Breach (The Showdown) pt.1

3rd POV.
Beacon academy.

Jaune lays in bed soundly asleep dreaming about waffles until his scroll starts to beep rolling on to his side as it rings startling the blonde swordsman awake and picks up answering said scroll.

Jaune: "Uhh, hello."

He says still groggy from the sudden wake up call only for the scroll to squeal with strange feedback as the call was instantly disconnected Jaune looks at the caller ID reading Ruby.

Jaune: "Ruby?"

He stares at his scroll wondering why Ruby would be calling him in the middle of the night.

Timeskip.

Pyrrha: "I'm sure they're fine."

Pyrrha says reassuring Jaune as they walk to the landing pad.

Jaune: "You think?"

He asks looking to Pyrrha.

Nora: "Probably just a butt-dial!"

Nora offers her opinion skipping ahead of her team.

Ren: "Team RWBY has always performed exceptionally in the field. We should be focusing on our own mission."

Nora: "We're going to be deputies!"

Nora runs in front of Ren excitedly pumping her arms in the air.

Jaune: "I just got this feeling.... I, I don't know."

Pyrrha: "Jaune..."

Raising her eye brow at Jaune, noticing a pillar of smoke bellowing from the city as sirens wail behind them coming from the campus.

Jaune: "We're changing our mission. Everybody on board."

Jaune runs to the aircraft while the others runs inside the Bullhead.

Jaune: "Ren. We'll make it out to that village another time."

Jaune stops Ren who nods in agreement to his leader both entering the craft.

Jaune: "Take us into the city!"

He orders entering the aircraft, immediately taking off while Cinder, Emerald, Mercury and "Ryu" watches the Bullhead fly toward the city.

Emerald: "You don't think...?"

Mercury: "Sure looks like it."

Emerald: "That's still days away!"

Mercury: "So? What do we do?"

Mercury asks Cinder staring at Vale in the foreground contemplating as Ryu stood with his arms looking out at the city his white hair obscuring his features only a slight grin was visible.

Downtown Vale.

Team RWBY and (Y/n) stand in the plaza dozens of Grimm surrounds the group growling and snarling at the group, everyone besides (Y/n) having a worried expression at the immediate threat.