Vol.3 part 1: Round One's New Challengers.

3rd POV.

Ruby stands a few meters away from the cliff edge, looking down at a gravestone her cloak blowing in the wind, as it slows Ruby pulls back her hood.

Ruby: "Hey, mom."

She says to the gravestone, that read.

'Summer Rose. Thus Kindly I Scatter.'

Ruby: "Sorry, I haven't come by in a while

Ruby: "Sorry, I haven't come by in a while. Things have been... Well, things have been pretty busy. Oh! Dad's here too. He's, you know... Dad. He's still teaching at Signal, but he told me he's going to be going out on some mission soon. I think he misses adventuring with you."

Ruby: "I miss you too."

Ruby: "Haven't gotten kicked out of beacon yet. So that's cool. I think being on a team with Yang helps. I keep her in line. That was a joke. She's actually a really great fighter, you can tell she's learned a lot from Dad. Well so are Weiss and Blake. Oh! They're my teammates. Together, we form Team RWBY. And yes, before you ask, that does cause a lot of confusion."

Ruby: "We also have (Y/n), he's... Well, he's been a huge help to our team.*Pink dusts her face* and the thing is he has strong feelings for me and my team, and we felt the same. So we decided to share him, not that any of us mind. I guess this is how you and dad use to feel, back when you guys were our age."

Ruby: "Anyways, uh, I made a bunch of new friends, and I've met some..... let's just say, odd teachers. Oh, we also stopped some bad guys too! I guess it's like they say; like mother, like daughter. I still wonder why Ozpin let me into the school early. But, uh I guess he'll tell me one day. You know how he is. It's funny, the more I get to know him, the more he starts sounding like uncle Qrow."

Hearing a dog's bark from behind, Ruby turns to see Zwei standing next to her father.

Ruby: "Oh! It looks like Dad's back. I gotta go! He's dropping me off at beacon for the tournament match, before he goes on his next mission! Wish me luck!"

She smiles at the gravestone, and pulls up her hood turning to leave, Ruby looks back at the memorial once more.

Ruby: "It was a good talk."

Smiling again before she runs to join her Father and Zwei.

Timeskip.
Tournament grounds.

(Y/n): "You girls did awesome out there!"

Naomi: "Mama!"

They hear voices call from behind them, turning they see (Y/n), Naomi, Logan, and Jack walk towards them.