Vol.3 part, 8: Heroes and Monsters.

3rd POV.
Beacon academy, 8:55 PM.

As the battle intensifies, the students from earlier divide into smaller groups, some fighting off the Grimm while others fight hacked Atlesian knights and White Fang controlled Paladins.

While Weiss rushes a Paladin head-on as it swings it's arms at her Jack dashes next to Weiss, taking the brunt of the impact sending both him and Weiss flying back.

Neptune: "Weiss! Jack!"

Jack:*Groan* "Yep... nothing like a punctured lung to really get the blood flowing."

Swinging at Yatsu, he manages to block the Paladin's strike before being overpowered and also knock away by the mech. The Paladin turns it's attention to Ren, panting heavily from fighting Grimm.

Nora: "Look out!"

Shoving Ren out of the way Nora takes the hit and was knocked unconscious.

Ren: "Nora, no!"

Ren calls out to Nora, going run to for her as the Paladin knocks him unconscious as well, turning back to it's original targets Coco sprays the Paladin with a hail of bullets while Neptune fires his railgun to no effect.

Neptune: "Uhh, this is bad."

Coco: "Well, I guess now's a better time than any. Velvet!"

(Play this around until the timestamp at 1:40.)

Velvet raises her right arm as a blue gauntlet resembling Devil Bringer forms around her hand while in her other a blue holographic replica of Yamato projects themselves from the small box on her back, as one of the Paladin's throws it's fist at Velvet.

Rolling out of the way Velvet throws a hard-light claw at the Paladin, pulling herself closer and swinging the holo-Yamato she cuts off it's left arm while still in the air Velvet cross slashes it's canopy, severely damaging the mech.

Bringing the sword down, she cleaves clean through the Paladin, Velvet stands up while another Paladin throws it's fist at her as Jack jumps in front of Velvet sending both of them flying into each other.

Jack:*Groans* "Ugh... ow. Why isn't (Y/n) here to protect these weaklings. I hate babysitting!"

Jack spits blood on the ground while getting back to his feet.

Coco: "Velvet!"

She calls out firing Gianduja while Neptune and other students provide suppressive fire, only for the projectiles bounce and ricochet off the Paladin's armor.