Vol.6 part, 3: The Grimm's Reaper.

3rd POV.
Mistral, Brunswick Farms.

Staring outside the skylight, Ruby looks at the shattered moon before turning, and peeking her head around the corner to check on Yang, Blake and Weiss, who were all sitting in front of the fireplace and staring at it. Naomi was cuddled up with Logan as the two rest, while Maria sits on the sofa Oscar was pacing back and forth. As (Y/n) walks over to Ruby, giving her a reassuring smile and nods his head in the direction of where Qrow was.

Ruby stands up and walks over to Qrow, who had his feet propped up on the desk as he stares outside and keeps watch.

Qrow: "Storm's clear for now. We should be able to leave by morning."

Ruby: "That's good."

Qrow: "No... I don't have a good feeling about this place, especially with me around..."

Looking down at a wine bottle next to Qrow with his hand hovering above it, Ruby looks back up to her uncle.

Ruby: "Are you... okay?"

Qrow:*Scoffs* "Sure. Tell everyone to get some sleep. I'll wake you guys up just before sunrise."

Walking away from Qrow, as he takes a drink from the wine bottle, Ruby turns back to him with a frown. (Y/n) watches Ruby walk into the other room.

Following Ruby, (Y/n) sees Weiss, Blake, and Yang still in front of the fire while Maria flips through a book that has 'III' on the cover with the previous two volumes on the table next to her and Oscar sitting in front of a chest in the center of the room.

Oscar: "So, it's a diary?"

Maria: "The head of this household, Bartleby. Apparently, he and several other families founded this little settlement to try and live on their own. It sounds like it worked, at least for a spell."

Oscar: "Grimm?"

Maria: "Just one of many hardships. Slowed down their farming, made everything harder... It's a shame, really. He seemed like quite the ambitious fellow, always thinking of schemes to overcome the odds."

Ruby: "Hey guys, Qrow said that we should get some sleep. We're gonna head out early tomorrow."

Blake: "Thank goodness."

Everyone stands up to get ready for bed, Maria hops off the couch and walks past (Y/n) and Ruby.

Maria: "Hmph, the last thing you'll catch me doing is letting some kid tell me what to do. Go to bed!"

Speaking in a mimicking voice as she scoffs, (Y/n) glares at the old woman sitting in an armchair and turning on a nearby lamp to continue reading the book in her hands.

(Y/n): "Crotchety old bird."

He says and looks to Ruby, who shrugs and smiles at (Y/n) before going to bed. Walking over to the large couch, (Y/n) sits down and places his duffle bag next to him, taking out gun oil and tools as he begins taking apart Blue Rose, cleaning it's various parts. Unknown to the young man, a familiar bone covered knight watches him through the snowstorm, before a gust of snow blows in front of it and disappears with the wind.

Timeskip.
The next day.

The morning after, the fire in the fireplace had burnt out while (Y/n) sleeps on the couch, having dozed off with a half assembled Blue Rose next to him, a clattering noise causes his eyes to shoot open as he quickly puts the revolver back together and sees Ruby was also startled awake.

(Y/n): "It was nothing, just Qrow's bottle hitting the floor."

Standing up and stretching his arms as Ruby rubs her eyes, (Y/n) lets out a sigh and looks at the window, seeing light peer in from behind the curtains.