Vol.2 part 7: Retribution (The Showdown Finale)

(I accidentally published this about 2 weeks ago. so sorry about that.)

3rd POV.

(Y/n) stares at Jack with a stern glare as they both slowly circle the area. While Ruby and Weiss assist their teammates limp to safety, smiling Jack teleports closer to (Y/n).

Attacking (Y/n) with wild and furious blows swinging blindly Jack couldn't land a single hit. Looking surprised (Y/n)'s reflexes autonomously respond to every one of Jack's strikes, dodging with ease. Jack scans the area quickly looking for the man as grunts spitting up saliva, looking down at (Y/n)'s fist twisting into his abdomen and being launched back through a couple of walls caving the building in on top of Jack.

Walking toward the pile of rubble (Y/n) watches as the debris explodes outward some being flung at him. He slices through the chunks of debris, while Jack emerges from the pile panting from (Y/n)'s blow. Teleporting once more, Jack clashes with (Y/n) throwing his fist at (Y/n) as he fazes through the attack and retaliates by cross slashing Jack's chest then kicks him into the ground, getting up again Jack starts swinging blindly while (Y/n) backs up blocking and parrying Jack's blows, occasionally switching from defense to offense.

Ruby: "Somethings different, from before."

Weiss: "Right. He's emitting a tremendous amount of heat, yet..."

Blake: "His energy seems frighteningly calm...."

Yang: "I've never seen like this before. He's not just fast, I couldn't even sense him move to attack at all."

Blake: "Yeah. It's the same when he dodges as well."

Yang: *To herself*"Incredible! I see it with my own eyes, but his actions feel unreal."

Watching the two men cross swords, while teleporting and dashing through the air.

Yang: "What happened to you?"

Clashing in the air, creating shockwaves that could be felt through the city.

Slipping behind him Jack slashes at (Y/n)'s head, as he ducks under forcibly shoving Yamato's sheath into his stomach winding Jack which allows him to swing down. Dodging Jack's blade slices through a few strands of (Y/n)'s hair as he throw a kick at Jack moving his head out of the way while the former flips back, doing so blasts back a massively explosive amount of energy as (Y/n) glares at Jack locking eyes before clashing once more. Jack throws a left hook to (Y/n)'s face only for him to phase through it again, reacting quickly he and Jack clash with their respective Devil Bringer's sending another blast of energy as (Y/n) leaps back to the ground with Jack teleporting closer to him ready to strike.

Instinctively leaping past his attack a fair distance, it causes Jack to instead hit the ground kicking up smoke and dirt. (Y/n) briefly looks at his hand seeing his reflection in an unsheathed Yamato, as Jack turns back to (Y/n) with a cut on his cheek glaring at him while wiping the blood from his face.

(Y/n):*Still looking at hand*"I'm starting to get a hang of this."

Clenching his demonic hand then stares at Jack.

(Y/n): "I know, I'm in danger. But for some reason...*Grin* It's starting to get kinda fun."

Jack: "You're about to die, and you find it fun?*Chuckle* Then, you must be really strong or really stupid!"

Jack: "I don't understand either, but I'm also starting to enjoy myself."

(Y/n): "Then, I guess...

Jack: "The real fight...

(Y/n)/Jack: "Starts now!"

Jack lets out a huge burst of energy transforming into Devil trigger.