Vol.4 part, 1: The Next Step Is Always The Hardest.

3rd POV.
Land of Darkness.

Panning away from a pool of a dark viscous tar-like substance, bubbling up as a claw shoots out of the liquid shortly after a Beowolf spawns from the black puddle and roars as more Beowolves rise from other pools of the substance, Emerald cups her mouth as she and Mercury had horrified expressions on each of their faces.

Cinder snaps her fingers, knocking both of them out of their trance as the subordinates walk over to Cinder's side, Emerald hits Mercury with her elbow while a man with a mustache stares at his scroll.

Watts: "Yes, yes, please keep your... Posse... In check."

The sophisticated man says to Mercury angering him, ready to storm over to the man as Emerald stops him shaking her head at the idea.

Watts: "You hear that? Silence. I have half a mind to thank the little girl that bested you."

Tyrian: "If I were you, I'd hunt her down... find her, and... Well... she took your eye, didn't she?"

Tyrian cackles maniacally while squatting in his chair as Cinder faces Watts, she struggles to speak before turning to Emerald, whispering into her ear.

Watts: "Pathetic, why did you even-"

Watts was interrupted by the sound of the large wooden doors unlocking on the far side of the room as the doors swing and, creaking open while Salem glides across the floor being followed by Sanji close behind, everybody standing as she passes, stopping in front of a table adorned with purple crystals and several white candles.

Salem: "Watts... Do you find such malignance necessary?"

Salem turns to the man motioning for everyone besides him to sit, she walks over to her throne made from the same purple crystals as Sanji stands behind her.

Watts: "I apologize, ma'am. I'm not particularly fond of failure."

He elaborates looking at Sanji with contempt as the latter glares back with watts taking his seat shortly after.

Salem: "Then I see no reason for your cruelty towards young Cinder. She's become our fall Maiden, destroyed Beacon tower... ...and most importantly... killed dear Ozpin. So, what 'Failures' are you referring?"

The man stays quiet for a moment, then speaks up.

Watts: "Well... the girl with the silver eyes."

Hazel: "Yes... We've dealt with her kind before... How is it a novice was able to best one of us?"

Watts: "My thoughts exactly. Even without her new power it should have been effortless."

Salem: "It is BECAUSE of the Maiden's power. Make no mistake, Cinder. You hold the key to our victory. But your new found strength brings with it a crippling weakness... ...which is why you will remain by my side as we continue your treatment."

Salem says to Cinder as she turns back to Watts.

Salem: "Dr. Watts... You are to take Cinder's place and meet with our informant in Mistral."

Watts: "Very good."

Salem: "Tyrian, I want you to continue your hunt for the spring Maiden."

Tyrian:*Laughs* "Gladly."

Salem: "And Hazel... I'm sending you to the leader of the White Fang. Adam Taurus has arranged the meeting. The boy continues to prove loyal. Ensure Sienna Khan feels the same."

Hazel: "As you wish."

Cinder motions for Emerald, whispering softly into the girl's ear again

Emerald: "She wants to know... What about the girl?"