Vol.3 part, 10: Don't say goodbye...

(Y/n) POV.
Beacon courtyard, 10:08 AM.

Me: "Ruby? Is-Is that you?"

???:*Giggle "That's a pretty good guess, maybe this'll help."

Pulling the hood of her cloak over her head, taking a closer look at the woman before I recognize her from Qrow's old team photo.

Me: "Are you... Summer Rose?"

Summer: "In the flesh, or spirit I should say. Hello (Y/n), it is a pleasure to finally meet you. I've been meaning to speak with you for some time now."

Me: "Wait. How am I talking to you right now, shouldn't I be dead?"

Summer: "Well, yes and no. Your body has died, but your soul however isn't ready or can't leave yet."

Me: "I-I don't understand."

I say out of confusion, being completely dumbfounded at her answer.

Summer: "(Y/n). Have you heard the stories about the Silver eyed warriors?"

Me: "Y-Yeah, when I was young my mom would tell me about how they were the greatest fighters before Huntsmen even existed, and that they could kill Grimm just by looking at them. Why?"

Summer: "Because you are one of those warriors."

Me: "H-How? My eyes aren't silver."

Summer: "I am aware of that, but have you ever wondered where that silver power you showed during your fight with Jack?"

Me: "You know about that?"

Summer: "Yes, he and I had a chat while you were unconscious."

Me: "I always just assumed it was apart of my semblance."

Summer: "You're really clever (Y/n), you are technically correct in that regard. If I remember correctly, your semblance is a sort of regeneration? Almost like a last ditch effort tactic where your power output increases, but at the cost of expending the remainder of your Aura, am I correct?"

Me: "Yeah, since I unlocked my semblance I've only been able to use it a few times, and it was really exhausting when I did."

Summer: "I'm not surprised, using those powers takes a lot of training in order to maintain them. Yours seem to be different, and yet somehow you were able to fully control it not once, but twice."

Me: "It was like my body would move on it's own, I didn't even have to think about attacking or evading."

Summer: "Ozpin had once told me stories about a few of these warriors, some having the ability to absolutely free themselves of any fears, doubts or emotions and focus solely on the battle at hand, attacking and defending themselves seamlessly without the need of thought. In other instances, even recover from injuries most would consider fatal while others could even rise from the dead. Working in a way almost similar to your semblance."

Me: "Why are you telling me this?"

I ask, raising my eyebrow at Ruby's mother while crossing my arms.

Summer: "Ozpin put his faith into you to become a protector of the Maidens, there's always a reason behind the things he does. For the time being, you're going to help Ruby and the others.

Me: "What does that mean? And as much as I would love to, how can I help if I'm dead?"

I ask, before hearing the caw of a crow flying overhead, when I look back to the woman she was gone, only hearing her disembodied voice.

Ruby: 'It seems like our time is up, (Y/n). Keep Ruby safe, and be sure not to die again.'

Me: "Wait! I still don't understand, Summer!"