Extra Chapter 1: Tale of the Fallen Swordsmen.

14 years ago.
Somewhere near the Kingdom of Mistral.

Inside a forest clearing, two (H/c) haired young boys stand opposite of each other, both sweating and breathing heavily as they tightly grip the bamboo swords in their hands. Rushing at one another and swinging at the same time, both boys end up smacking each other in the side of the head as they were sent flying away from their positions. Just before the boys could stand back up and continue their fight, a feminine voice calls out to them from the distance.

???: "Sanji! (Y/n)! Dinner time!"

Sighing and standing from his knelt position, the boy looks over to his younger brother still on the ground wincing as he rubs the spot where he'd been struck.

Young (Y/n): "Ow! Did you really need to hit me that hard?"

Young Sanji: "Don't be a baby, if you were taking the fight half serious maybe you would've actually dodged that attack."

Young (Y/n): "I was fighting seriously! You're just too fast!"

Throwing out his arms and legs as (Y/n) falls back on the floor in a pout. Sanji shakes his head and forms a small grin on his face, before giving his twin a hand which causes (Y/n) to sigh and reluctantly take it.

Young Sanji: "Come on, mother was calling us."

The two are seen walking down a smooth stone pathway, with Sanji ruffling (Y/n)'s hair before running towards a residence at the end of the trail.

An adult woman with (H/c) colored hair, pokes her head out from the entrance and waves to the boys. The brothers race each other to see who could reach the woman first, with Sanji ultimately winning in the end.

Naomi (Mom): "Did you two realize that it's starting to get late? Come, I've already prepared dinner."

Young Sanji: "S-Sorry mother, we lost track of time."

Young (Y/n): "Yeah, sorry mom."

Their mother sighs and shakes her head, before a smile creeps across her lips.

Naomi (Mom): "Alright, I'll both your words for it. Now, go wash up. You're both filthy from today."

Young Sanji/(Y/n): "Yes, Mother!"

Sometime later.
Vergil's study.

Inside the room, Vergil and a hooded man both sit armchairs directly across from each other. Currently polishing Yamato's blade, Vergil speaks to the man with an uncaring tone.

Vergil: "If you've come to me, I assume the procedure was a success?"

The hooded man simply nods respectfully.

Vergil: "Excellent. Then we'll proceed as scheduled-"

The door suddenly opens and Sanji walks through.