Vol.6 part, 6: This Is The Way.

3rd POV.
Argus cliffside.

Weiss, Ren and Qrow watch as (Y/n) dodges detonating missiles strikes and occasional blasts from Cordovin's mech while it swipes at the airship Maria, Naomi and Oscar were in.

Cordovin: "You just couldn't keep this rivalry between us, could you, Calavera?! You had to rope in children to fail with you!"

(Y/n) side flips and narrowly avoids a blast from Cordovin's mech. Suddenly, his human left arm was severed as he lands on the edge of the cliff and glares at Cordovin, while the others gasp in shock at the young man's arm unexpectedly being cut off.

Weiss: "What's going on? Why'd (Y/n)'s arm get cut off? He dodged that last attack!"

Qrow: "(Y/n) must've run into trouble along the way, and it looks like the damage inflicted on him also seems to reflects the clone as well."

Watching the young man twist his body in the air as he fires Blue Rose at a pair of incoming rockets, destroying them before dashing forward again. Below, Ruby still hangs onto her scythe and sees Devil Bringer quickly fall past her, causing her eyes to widen as it fades away. Oscar and Naomi notice this from the airship.

Oscar: "Ruby!"

Naomi: "Is she okay?!"

Ruby uses Crescent Rose to scale the side of the cliff, eventually she reaches the top and regroups with Weiss, Ren and Qrow.

Oscar:*Over Comms* "Ruby, can you hear me? Are you guys okay?"

Ruby: "Are we okay?!"

Oscar:*Over Comms* "I know, we were supposed to lay low, but listen! I think I finally figured out a weakness!"

Nora: "Well, we're all ears."

Ruby and her friends notice Nora helping Jaune over to the group, as Ren was relieved that the two were okay.

Ren: "Guys!"

Running over to his teammates, Ren helps Nora with carrying Jaune over to the others.

Oscar: "The cylinder on Cordo's cannon rotates and locks in a giant Dust cartridge every time she changes attack styles."

Weiss: "We noticed."

Oscar: "Right, but her missile launcher doesn't lock in, it pops out! Without her shields, one well-placed shot could detonate the missiles while they're still in the launcher!"

Jaune: "We could destroy the entire cannon... Oscar that's brilliant!"

(Y/n) lands on the cliff and slides back toward the group while not breaking eye contact with Cordovin's mech.

(Y/n): "I mean, of course it'd be a good idea. The kid is training under me."

Nora: "Can either of you... make that shot?"

Looking to Ruby, then (Y/n) who was still glaring at Cordovin.

Ruby: "We'll only get one chance before she catches on. I'd have to be practically staring down the barrel of her cannon."

(Y/n): "If it weren't for this handicap.*lifting the stub of his arm* I could make that shot from here no problem."

Maria: "Well, I've got a way to guarantee that."

Maria turns and flies the ship back toward Ruby's group as she stops, Naomi opens the hatch and allows Ruby and (Y/n) to quickly jump on board.

Qrow: "Ruby what are you doing?!"

Trying to stop his niece as he and the others watch Ruby and (Y/n) head off to do their part.

Smiling at Maria, Oscar and Naomi, Ruby turns back to (Y/n), crouching and looking out of the side door at their target.