Vol.4 part, 4: Against All Odds.

3rd POV.
Kuroyuri, Town Square.

The Nuckelavee and Ouroboros look at Ruby, Jaune, Nora, Ren fall back while an unconscious Qrow rests against the tree. (Y/n) holds his ground as the Nuckelavee's various body parts twitch, it lets out a loud ear piercing screech, causing a huge shockwave and forcing everyone except (Y/n) to cover their ears as the Grimm looks at the group, then to (Y/n) before finally setting it's sights on Qrow.

Realizing what the Grimm's next action was, (Y/n) sprints towards Qrow as the Nuckelavee lashes it's arms at (Y/n) making him dodge and cartwheel over the attacks as he runs over to Qrow and gets him upright.

Ouroboros raises it's hand at the Grimm while looking at the others as it directs the Nuckelavee's attention to Qrow and (Y/n), charging and heading straight for the two. Ren uses his semblance to hide Qrow and (Y/n) from the Nuckelavee, stopping short as it looks around for the two in confusion, (Y/n) stands still in front of the huge creature.

Ren: "Just get him to safety!"

Nodding to Ren (Y/n) swiftly walks away while the battle resumes, carrying Qrow around the corner of a building (Y/n) sets the man down, narrowing his eyes at him before turning to leave. Qrow grabs his arm, but falls back unconscious before he could say a word, (Y/n) stands up and takes another look at Qrow as he runs back to the battle.

Ruby launches herself higher with Crescent Rose as she and Nora go to attack the Nuckelavee, only to be grabbed and thrown to the ground. Ren circles around the creature as it throws it's arms at him while being shot by StormFire. The Nuckelavee screeches, grabs ahold of Ren and his weapons.

(Y/n) goes to help the others, but was stopped by Ouroboros clashing and crossing blades with him while the two stare each other down, Team RNJR continues to battle the Nuckelavee.

Jaune: "Guys, keep moving, go in a circle!"

(Y/n): "Kind of got my hands full here buddy! I'll handle this guy, you deal with that Grimm!"

Jaune nods as Nora fires a couple of grenades at the Nuckelavee's back, causing it to screech and turn to her and Ruby as Ren breaks free, the four begin circling the Nuckelavee while firing their weapons at the Grimm.

Rolling to the side (Y/n) dodges a downward slash from Ouroboros, landing on his hand (Y/n) kicks the Grimm knight into the bell tower. Landing in a crouched position on the side of the tower, Ouroboros quickly recovers and launches itself off the wall, then heads straight for (Y/n).

Clashing with him again, Ouroboros overwhelms and pushes (Y/n) back, tearing up the ground as they slide across the street, breaking Fox into it's two half blades (Y/n) slashes at the Grimm, only for Ouroboros to kick (Y/n) blocking it with both blades, sending him back a few feet and sliding to a stop.

Grinning at the Grimm, (Y/n) charges Ouroboros head on ferociously swinging at the dark knight, deflecting each strike and backing off the young man's onslaught of attacks. As (Y/n) brings down both swords, Ouroboros ducks under his swing and punches (Y/n) in the chest so hard it causes him to spit up blood, not breaking his stride (Y/n) spin kicks Ouroboros, hitting the Grimm right in it's neck as it looks up at the young man completely unfazed by his attack, slightly concerning him before (Y/n) leaps back onto the roof of a building, which gains him some distance between himself and Ouroboros. While the Grimm Knight stares blankly at him and gives off an intimidating aura.

(Y/n): 'What's with this feeling? His energy kind of reminds me of Sanji's... but, it feels almost like it's distorted somehow.'

Jaune unsheathes Crocea Mors and sprints over to the rear of the Nuckelavee, slashing on the beast's hind leg as he was kicked away and sent flying next to Ruby. Quickly standing back up, Jaune gives the creature a determined look and sheathes his sword.