Vol.6 part, 4: Dead end.

3rd POV.
Argus' Atlesian outpost.

Yang grabs the bars of the gate as she speaks to the guards inside.

Yang: "Come on! You didn't even hear us out!"

Nubuck Guard 1: "Our orders are clear; the Mistral-Atlas border is closed."

Nubuck Guard 2: "Please."

Nubuck Guard 1: "Have a good day."

Yang: "But-"

Both Guards: "A good day!!"

Qrow: "Hey, if you don't wanna believe that I'm friends with Ironwood-"

Both Guards: "General Ironwood!"

Qrow: "Yeah, General Ironwood, then fine. But look, we have Weiss Schnee with us and we're trying to get her home safely."

Weiss looks down in reluctance when hearing Qrow's words. The two guards look to eachother, then turn back to the group.

Both Guards: "Approach!"

Weiss shares a look with Blake, then (Y/n) who shrugs before crossing his arms. Stepping forward, the guards bend down and inspect Weiss, after a moment the two stand straight up.

Both Guards: "Very well!"

Nubuck Guard 2: "You may speak with our commanding officer!"

Nubuck Guard 1: "We will fetch her at once!"

The two guards turn around in sync, chanting 'Hup hup hup' and 'Atlas Atlas Atlas' as they run to go retrieve their superior.

Blake: "They were... kind of-"

Ruby: "Super weird? Uh, yeah."

Maria: "Hmm..."

Oscar: "What's wrong?"

Maria: "Well, I... may know the commanding officer."

(Y/n): "Oh, no. Please don't tell me it is who I think it is."

Ruby: "That's good, isn't it? If she's your friend, then maybe she'd be more willing to help us."

Maria: "I wouldn't exactly call us... friends."

Weiss: "Acquaintances?"

Maria: "Not quite."

Blake: "Colleagues?"

Maria: "Warmer."

Yang: "Enemies."

Maria: "That's the one!"

Oscar: "Wait, what?"

Maria: "Oh, yes. I come through here about once every ten years to get my eyes checked up in Atlas. You bring cashews on one flight, and suddenly you're placed on the additional screening list for life?"

(Y/n): "Had the same thing happen to me a couple years back, except replace the word cashews with ammo box."

Qrow: "You've gotta be kidding me..."

Maria: "Now, now, let's not give up hope yet. Maybe she's dead!"

(Y/n): "If I know who you're talking about, then that's wishful thinking at best."

Suddenly, the gates swing open quickly, as the two guards return.

Nubuck Guard 1: "Introducing!"

Nubuck Guard 2: "Special operative!"

Both Guards: "Caroline Cordovin!"

Everyone looks down at a short elderly woman approaching them, the woman was Maria's age and was dressed in the standard Atlas officer's fatigues. Cordovin steps forward and glares at Maria.