Vol.2 part 6: Resurgence (The Showdown) pt.2

POV 3rd.

The young Huntress slowly steps away from (Y/n), before becoming paralyzed from fear.

Jack: "What's wrong Ruby?"

Ruby: "Wh-Who... What are you?"

Jack: "I'm what (Y/n) was destined to become. I am him perfected, without the burden of emotions or sentimental attachments. My only desire is.... Increasing my body count and growing stronger."

He whispers behind Ruby, as she turns to see how (Y/n) had gotten behind her, then hearing him step closer towards Ruby who snaps out of her fear induced trance, she points and aims Crescent Rose at the corrupt man, the rest of WBY run to go assist their leader, leaving Naomi with JNPR and the others, as the team traverses over mountains of rubble.

Naomi: "Mama!"

The little girl runs in the direction her mother had gone, but was stopped by Pyrrha.

Pyrrha: "No, Little one! It's too dangerous. They can handle themselves, we need to get you to safety."

She warns Naomi, and leads her back to the others.

Ruby: "D-Don't step any closer, I mean it."

Jack smiles with an unsettling grin at her, pressing his head against the barrel of Ruby's weapon, Ruby looks at the boy remembering his kind smile unable to bring herself to pull the trigger, Jack quickly disarms Ruby and grabs her neck lifting her up, as Jack notices Yang charging at him with her fist raised while Weiss and Blake followed close behind, grimacing grotesquely at the incoming opponents Jack throws Ruby at the girls knocking them down.

Yang checks over Ruby for a moment, relieved that she had no injuries, standing up Yang slams her fists together glaring at Jack with red eyes.

Yang: "(Y/n) I don't know what's going on, but you'd better give me an explanation, before I beat one out of you."

Jack: "If you think you can..."

He says with outstretched his arms and palms.

Jack: "...by all means."

Causing Yang's blood to boil, she launches off from her position and swings firing Ember Celica at Jack smacking away the incoming projectiles with a sheathed Yamato as Yang closes in she throws punches to Jack's face as he slightly moves his head dodging each blow, ducking under a swing Jack smiles as his fist firmly lands against Yang's stomach causing her to gasp for breath for only a moment while Jack begins repeatedly punching her in the abdomen pushing Yang back, coughing up blood she was hardly able to keep up with him, at most only blocking some of his strikes.

Teleporting behind Yang, he slams both his fists into her back dropping her to the ground, raising his demonic hand ready to finish her off, moving his head back just as a bullet whizzes by as he looks to where the projectile originated from and sees Blake holding a smoking Gambol Shroud.

Jack: "Ah... Blake Belladonna. What a pleasure to meet you, I'm sure you've heard the stories of me slaughtering hundreds of your people in my conquest to grow my power."

Blake: "Yes, I'm aware of that. But I know that this isn't you (Y/n)."

Dashing forward, Jack disappears and reappears in front of Blake.

Jack: "DO NOT SAY THAT NAME!"

He swings Fox at Blake, as she barely had time to leave a clone that exploded launching Blake back and leaving a cloud of smoke where Jack was standing.

Blake flips away as she watches Jack slash clean through the smoke, the area around Jack was smouldering as the ground beneath him was untouched.

Jack: "Usually, most people fall within seconds. But you... you four prove an interesting challenge."