Cake Sandwich ✔️

Alexandra

"Oh! I'm sorry!" Calum apologizes quickly as he stands up and holds out his hand for me. I kindly take it and he pulls me up. I don't want him to see the songs yet, so I shove the folded papers in my back pocket of my jeans. I smile and reassure him that I'm alright while dusting off my jeans.

"Where have ya been? Everyone is wondering and worried so I went to look for you." Calum does not let go of my hand yet. I have to bite the inside of my cheek so I don't smile at how he looked and sounded so worried.

"Just walking around with Luke. I have a surprise to show you." I smile and I could feel him tense to the mention of Luke's name.

I get it, though. I literally left Luke's side just to bump into Calum. I swear I don't get a break between these two...

They do nothing wrong, believe me, but they do not have simple crushes on me anymore. It's so much more complex than when I first found out that they both like me. I mean, I kiss Calum then I discover that I'm pregnant with Luke's baby. What's next?

"What's the surprise?" He let go of my hand and pushed his hands into his pockets. I shifted uncomfortably and tucked my thumbs into the edges of my back pockets, one of my never-ending habits.

"Not telling yet," I smirk as I know he'll get annoyed. He is always so curious and that's how he gets hurt.

"Why?" He pouted and I try not to give in into Calum's pouty face. He always know how I'll do whatever when he does the pouty face. Back then, he got under my skin with his pout but not anymore. I believe the we have changed for the better and our friendship now proves it.

"Because it's a surprise." I give him a wink still smirking and then start to run past him to the lobby.

"Come back! Tell me!" Calum says running after me. I look back giggling and almost crash into a corner of a wall. I make a left turn and Cal started to catch up. I take up speed but Cal wraps his arms around me from behind and start spinning me around.

"Put me down this instant, Hood!" I squeal and his grip gets tighter.

"Not til you tell me what the surprise is!" Calum demands and I nod furiously.

"Fine! Just put me down and I'll tell you." I pant due to the spinning while I plead with him. He respectfully puts me down to face him and his hands occupy on my shoulders. I sigh and shove my hands into my large back pockets.

"Are you gonna tell me the surprise?" He asks impatiently.

"Yeah" I catch my breath then pause for awhile while nibbling on my lip. I could tell he was getting impatient because he kept moving his hands on my shoulders.

"Just not today." I point out and start to run once more. Since Cal's hands were on my shoulders, I didn't go far. He ended up catching me from behind again and spun me around. We break into fits of laughter and he finally puts me down with his arms folded around me.

Our laughter and smiles fade once we see Luke standing there with his hands in his pockets. His eyes lost it's bright color and were dull. I brush away my hands from his arms and Calum immediately unfolds his arms, then puts his hands into his pockets.

I can't take a break from them, can't I?

"Oh, hey. How long have you've been standing there?" I clench my teeth nervously and shift to the side so I'm a few inches away from Cal.

"Have you showed the others yet?" Luke avoids my question and I shake my head to answer his. Something boiled within me when he didn't answer my question, but I felt my subconscious push it aside. He's already been through a lot today and I am the one who put him through it. Luke doesn't deserve anymore chaos from me.