Surprises and Fights ✔️

Natalie

I heard the boys were doing a gig on Saturday, so the girls and I planned on flying to Australia on Thursday night to surprise them at their show. We contacted the manager and Liz, Luke's mother. I'm pretty sure Liz told the whole crew so only the boys do not know that we are coming, which is good.

On Wednesday night, we made sure to pack our belongings and a little extra just in case we change our minds about what we are going to wear. Thursday was an exciting day for us and we even decided to swim because we could not restrain the large amount of energy coursing through our veins. It is really rare for all of us to swim together. Mostly, Madi will swim some laps during her free time only because she misses it from her high school days.

Afterwards, we fought over the showers and who was going in first, because usually the last people get stuck with cold water. To justify her showering first, Alexandra shouts at us about how she went last the last time we swam. Agreeing with her, I allowed her to take my spot first while I trudge around the house with my damp towel.

We also could not help but fight over the popsicles that crowded the freezer. The struggle was so real if you ask me. We all wanted the red, green, or blue popsicles. Andy kept exclaiming how we were discriminating against the purple ones but she still grabbed a red pop. The only person that I knew who likes the purple popsicle is my brother, Chase. He used to eat the purple Skittles that I always set aside when I was younger because I disliked them.

Once we were all freshened up from he showers, we sent out a newsletter to people who signed up to our mailing list about our surprise and told them not to leak it out. Our fans are good about keeping secrets from the boys. They would spread it across the fandom but they made sure it did not get to the boys, which seems impossible now. However, they have established a lot of trust between the band and them as well as between each and every one of them in the fandom. That is what I love about them.

Alexandra

The girls and I headed down to the airport and surprisingly got greeted by some fans at midnight. I made sure to text the boys that us girls were busy with plans all day earlier today so that they won't call us out of the blue or expect us to be around the area.

After saying our goodbyes to our family members, we board the plane. The plane ride was mostly sleeping, watching movies, and listening to music. We tried to take to each other for a while, but we all became sick of hearing each other's voices. So basically to sum up our plane ride, it was fifteen hours of doing absolutely nothing.

We also had sent out another newsletter while we were on the plane,

Hello fellow Accessors,

We just wanted to tell you one more thing today. We are actually on the plane going to Australia right now. When we land, we will tweet the key words "Wishing good luck to the boys on their gig <3". That'll be the key to know when we land. Thank you to everyone for not leaking the surprise. We love you all and hope to see you soon.

Andy, Alex, Madi, Tally xx

I think newsletters helped us keep in touch with the fans better, even though they cannot to reply to our emails. It had a different feeling than posting on social medias. It felt safe and more intimate. Like for example, it felt safe to tell the fans about a surprise.

By the time we landed, it was three in the afternoon and major jet lag already began to settle in. At least we have time to sleep later, though. I internally groan at the thought because I was wide awake from the right-hand nap on the plane. Madi tweets the code words on our band twitter and luckily no one had leaked yet. The band and I quickly all retweet it and the usual retweets and likes flooded into our feeds.